riggerrob

Videographers' union?

Yeah! Yeah! Lets all unite and up the rates, its been $15 a jump for 4way team video for years. lets make it an even $20, $5 a person, and then for 8way make it $40 ect. Come on now were risking our lives so they can see themselves on tv. And all the team members want a copy at the end.

Just Kidding. Union's sound too complicated, I eat from video work, but it's also just a fun way to make $$$ There is enough politics in the skydiving and especially the skydiving video industry, Keep it simple or suffer the ordeal's from organization. Meeting's, Due's ect, ect.
2cent's

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

For the most part I'm pretty happy with the rates I can charge and get for my services with the very notable exception of skydiving publications.

It absolutely pisses me off that the magazines charge full price for ads, but pay next to nothing for art. I had two articles in one magazine a few months back with tons of photos, but got paid a total of $75!

With the circulation and specific audience of these magazines, they should be able to pay quite a bit more for photography, but they don't because they get so much crap sent to them by everyone with a camera on his head.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Oh, I'm not saying we actually create a Union, but we joke about it quite a bit between some of the camera flyers I know.

I would like to be able to do something about the magazine rates, but it's a supply and demand thing and there's just no freekin' way.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver