iam

Sony PC101 LANC problems.

Has anyone had any problems with the Sony LANC connection? Mine has just given up. Originally thought it was my cam-eye, but on trying a second one, it was the same. The DV is now with Sony, but I was wondering if this was a common problem. I have already spoken to one person who has experianced the same.

Ian
"Don't ever knock on deaths door, just ring the bell and run away - it really pisses him off"

i know that Freakous' pc101 lanc port is all jacko'd...we came to the conclusion that it was the way he had the cameye in the helmet (ie not cutting out the dbox to accomodate it, rather having it wedged in between the camera and dbox) that made the port loose....he can still get the cameye to work but the plug must be pushed into a certain position when it's in the port....don't know if this is the same thing you are experiencing....

my cameye quit working a couple weeks ago (in a pc101 also), i simply replaced the plug with one from radioshack, some soldering and presto, a working cameye again...

---------------------
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

Damn thing broke. F'ing used stuff.

cameye or the lanc port in the the camera??? if the male plug on the cameye broke then it's an easy fix, if it's the female port on the camera then that's a different matter...

---------------------
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

I've got the LANC disease with my PC-3 (don't ask!) as well. I've had the camera apart and can't see the physical problem;could be a problem with either a solder point or internal jack contacts. I need to send it in to get it fixed (I've got warranty service on the damn thing anyway! - maybe I'll hurry and get that done now that I'm thinking about it...)
Fact is, the plug is getting bumped and causing damage to the jack over time. Maybe Sony will make a skydiver-proof camera someday ;)

I have mine in at a Sony Service Centre at the moment. The are trying to tell me it has been dropped and this has caused the socket to come loose. I have have denied this till i'm blue in the face.

I didn't have the heart to tell them it is dropped from 12,000 ft each weekend:)

Ian

"Don't ever knock on deaths door, just ring the bell and run away - it really pisses him off"

Iam, any further outcome on your camera? this past weekend, the cameye crapped out again...i am convinced this time it's the female port in my pc101, also believe it to be from the jostling of plug while in freefall...i am superfly-tnt-type pissed right now!

---------------------

if i hold the plug in a certain position...i believe that the plug moving around during freefall has jostled the connectors loose inside the lanc port...

---------------------

Well, the sony centre fixed it, but it started playing up again 3 jumps later....arghhhhh. So at the moment i'm not using my cameye.

Your right, i should send it back in but they have a 2 wk turn round and its funny how after jumping camera you dont want to jump without one on your head!

So at the moment i'm not using my cameye.

same here, i need to send it in but the thought of jumping without brings a tear to my eye...

---------------------