FFF

Skycam-what can You say?

The IP series camera are currently about useless for freefall. They have some serious limitations and they do not interchange footage with any other model camera like the rest of the Sony line does digitally.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Here's the fat.

The Scycam SUCKS!!

I bought one when they firsy came out to try it out. The APS format is good, but customers don't seem to get it. I had to sent the camera back for an exchange because it was not working properly. They sent me back a 35mm version. Still crappy!!

Get yourself a cannon or nikon, something that is nice, stable, has a good name. I know they are pricy, but you will be so thankful that you did. I use the Cannon Rebel X. Hasn't failed me yet.

If you really want to buy a skycam, I'll sell you mine :ph34r:.

Skydance Has great customer Service. They will take care of problems that arise. I do find their prices to be high on other items, however.

Good luck!

Que sera sera

Run away. Run away. Those things are crap. I have seen about a dozen of them and the best ones were only marginally usable and the picture quality is very bad. If you want a small APS camera, I recommend a modified Canon ELPH LT. The picture quality is so much better that any non-photographer can tell a big difference in the quality at a glance. The camera is also smaller, lighter, and more reliable. There is someone who converts them but I can't remember who.

Yo!

I had one of the earlier 35mm versions, and it lasted a mere half season shooting tandems on the weekends. The spot where they added the remote release jack was shoddy at best. I then contacted them and they said they only sold the elph APS version now, so I sent in the $$$ and got the elph. Sold it before I even jumped it, way small and not what I was looking for. Anyways, I picked up a slightly used canon IOS Lite which uses the APS film, 2 NICE lenses, for $130. Bottom line, get yourself a REAL camera first, you'll be happier in the long run...or if you find a supply of the old owls, I'll stick the switch on em for $10 max ;)

***The Skydance SkyCam IS a Canon Elph LT. Was it something different in the past? Has anyone jumped one? Any feedback on the Elph LT? [\qupte]

It was previously a different model. I don't remember what it was. I did not realize that they had switched to the elph. It should be pretty good then. I have had a lot of succes with the elph. The last skycam I bought from them was so bad it left a bad taste in my mouth about the whole company. Our dropzone ordered about a dozen of them @ about $115 a piece and all were crap.