DCR-TRV50 1599 1025
DCR-TRV70 Not found anywhere
DCR-TRV80 Not found anywhere
DCR-PC101 1299 903
DCR-PC120BT 1799 1167
DCR-TRV950 2500 1699
DCR-VX2000 2999 2049
DSR-PD150 3200 2795

I'm not saying that you -can't- find a better deal out there, but these prices should give you an idea of what prices are the lowest ones found according to the Cnet Shopping site.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Wonder if those are legit street prices, or if they are the "greymarket" boxes that the east coast dealers are always advertising. (for those not in the know, greymarket are cameras boxed for distribution overseas, sometimes PAL, and have no warranty in the USA)

I also learned a valuable lesson in dealing with electronics dealers over the 'net.
1> always check thier record with the BBB (if I had looked first, I never would have called the place I did)
2> ask LOTS of questions (prices are usually ultra low for a reason)
3> double check the prices in your local photo shops... chances are the price after shipping isnt low enough to take the risk of getting "taken" by one of those lowballing east coast (NYC) distributors.

Here's my story...

I found a GREAT deal (hundreds less) on my pc5. then after I asked alot of questions, found it was greymarket PAL. "ooooh you want the NTSC version?" they said. that was several hundred more. they simply neglected to advertise which format that price was for. When questioned, they said they didnt have to list what format it was... lots of american customers buy the pal cameras (so they say... bet they werent happy when they got it home).

anyway, after the hassle and the shipping, I saved a whopping $40. defanitely NOT worth the trouble. Now I always spend a little more and buy local. The local guys tend to take care of you I have found. At least they do here in the midwest.

just my .02
Two wrongs don't make a right, however three lefts DO!

I bought a sony USA trv50 from Ibuy digital.com i think for about the street price quoted and had no problems at all except for the extra battery I purchased was not a sony bat and it didn't last long. As for the camera it was new in the box with factory seal untouched. Checked around for the lowest prices but beware of the really low prices as they don't include batteries or wires or anything else basically it is the camera body only.

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

I had a similar problem with another 'net company selling crap batteries. I bought what I thought was a 2 hour battery, and it didnt even last an hour.

Luckilly they refunded me with no questions asked.

there is no such thing as a free lunch after all...
Two wrongs don't make a right, however three lefts DO!

For the most part those are the lowest prices the Cnet shop-bot was able to find from recognized dealers.

Most of the dealers listed in the Cnet database have ratings of some sort and it's pretty easy to figure out if something is way out of line.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

My favorite vendor for camera's is Dbuys.com Heres some of their prices right now:

Sony DCR-PC120BT  $1,168.00

Sony DCR-TRV18 $619.00
Sony DCR-TRV27 $758.00
Sony DCR-TRV50 $1,033.00
Sony DCR-TRV70 MiniDV Handycam® $1,299.00
Sony DCR-TRV80 MiniDV Handycam® $1,699.99
Sony DCR-PC101 MiniDV Handycam® Camcorder $904.00
Sony DCR-TRV80 MiniDV Handycam® $1,699.99
Sony DCRVX2000 $2,144.00

All the camera's that I and my friends have bought from them have been legal cameras with the full warrenty on them. Only thing is they do a hard push for accessories over the phone but as long as you are aware of this and plan out your purchase its a really good deal and a legit operation.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I agree with PZ here. I used Dbuys.com and they are great. Great prices and the people were really good too. When they called to "confirm your order" (a.k.a. try to sell you more accessories), they didn't press you into buying stuff. If you didn't want it, say so, and they'll tell you goodbye and ship your stuff out. They were great.

Another good website to check out would be here: http://pcworld.pricegrabber.com. You can type in anything like "PC120" or "PC101" and get a good list of prices.

Hope this helps someone. :)

http://www.brandonandlaura.com