harro

Ebay question

It's a frustrating and horrible thing. There are scams galore on eBay and a whole lot of incomplete truths being told. I do NOT recommend it if you want a good camera in working order in a short time frame.

I -suppose- it's possible to get a great deal out there on a good used camera, but you're going to need the luxury of time to find it and even then have a bit of luck in actually winning the auction.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

You can occasionally find a good buy on there... 2 and half years ago, I bought a Sony PC5 off Ebay for about $1000. It was a really good deal, open box kinda deal, "used once". I emailed the seller and asked a bunch of questions... such as, "why are you selling it?", "is there anything wrong with it", "how can I be sure of this?"... I got the seller to write in an email that he guraunteed it in perfect working condition, and if not, i could return it to him for a full refund, included his name, address, phone, etc... So i got it, it worked perfectly, all parts included.

Only downside, not having a warranty, i did break it about a year later, and a warranty might have saved me the Sony flat fee of $287. *might*...

i've gotten my money's worth out of it. But i bought my new PC120 from store with a warranty.

good luck!
http://www.exitshot.com

I bought my PC9 through Ebay last year. I got a great deal on a new unit. Luckily the seller lived in my hometown and I was able to pick it up directly from him. Box was sealed (brand new).

There was no warrenty on it and it caos a budle when I had problems. I found out from Sony that you can purchase an extended warrenty with a phone call.

Even with the repair it still cost less than going through a store.

Danger

I had a good experience purchasing my PC-9. Just make sure to check the seller's history for some content. I'd personally be pretty hesitant to purchase something from a User with no rating/history. I had a superb experience with my purchase - arrived when it should have, great shape. Oh yeah - pay with an insured credit card just in case...

Good luck.

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

The guy selling the cameras got suspended. He e-mailed me and offered the cameras to me in Euro dollar which was alot more than I wanted to pay for the camera.

I advised him that the cameras were for sale in aussie dollars, 5 minutes later he was suspended.

Oh well. Maybe better luck next time.
Jumpy Jumpy??