bigG

Which one is better?!?

Just wondering which of the following is the better lens:
A: RAYNOX Super Wide angle 0.5X
B: KENKO 0.42 Wide angle

Has anyone used any of these ? Anything I need to know before buying it?

Will be using it mainly for filming freeflying jumps.

G.

Just wondering which of the following is the better lens:
A: RAYNOX Super Wide angle 0.5X
B: KENKO 0.42 Wide angle

Has anyone used any of these ? Anything I need to know before buying it?

Will be using it mainly for filming freeflying jumps.

G.

I have jumped a Kenko .42 and a .5 and I like bouth just fine. I don't know any thing about Raynox. As for .5 VS .42 it depends on what you are doing and what camera you have. As I hate venyetting (sp?) I use a .5 when the camera needs a step down ring. If id doesn't I use a .42 to get the wider shot.
--------------------------------------------------------
Some one must go to the edge for others to be able to find it. But if you go be sure you can make it back.

I know two people who expirenced problems with the Raynox, saying it couldnt handle rapid temperature change.

On the way down it would always fog up right in the centre of the lens, like condensation.

Would be intersted to know if anyone else has expierenced this on a raynox lens or any other make?????

I have owned the Kenko and the Raynox, I think the Kenko is a far better lens. When purchasing a lens for skydiving, cheaper is definitely not better.
If you want to spend a little more, the Diamond lens offered by Max Cohn is one of the best I have seen. The all glass design makes it hard for it to fog up. And the low profile makes it hard for it to catch a riser on opening. I also think that Max is offering .05 and .06 lenses now also.
The only drawback to the lens is its hard to put a filter on it, and shooting bellyflying is hard on a len's (Specially 4 way). Sand and stuff coming off of the jumpers will play hell on a lens in no time. I bought a filter a little bigger than the len's and gaffer taped it on, not pretty but it work's.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!