PhreeZone

Avoiding rotating

I'm having an issue right now that when I'm out with groups that are spinning I'm actually turning with them. Basically, I'm not holding a true heading from exit, how does everyone else keep a jumprun true heading while filiming RW?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I think that your problem might be that when you are trying to compensate for the movement of the of the four way you are turning in place and driving fowrard. Essentially carving, like you said before.
You might need to work on side to side movement. Another idea is to get a second camera flyer. You would not belive how invaluble this is as a learning aid. I flew second camera for someone with the same problem and it solved it right quick. Hope this helps

Phree, do you consistently shoot the same team?

I rotate to a landmark facing the sun, I try to keep the group between me and the landmark.

Now that you've got me thinking about it, it is easier to drive forward and sideslide than to back up quickly. I tend to lose a little hight backing out of the burble, but not so much sidesliding it.

I second that second camera idea. Dave got some footage of me at Eloy that made me realize I was moving my hands and feet too much.

The entire key to the situation, for me, is picking a spot on the ground and keeping them between it and you.
Absolutely the best thing to use, if it presents itself, is an intersection of a couple of made made lines on the ground -- maybe two roads or a road and a fence, or the boundries between two properties.
WHEN the RW moves around in the sky, while turning points or pieces or whatever, you also have to move with them. If they side-slide, then you side-slide. You -do not- rotate your heading to follow them when they side-slide.
You'll find that the steeper you get on the formation, the harder it is to do this. Until you have it down pat, you might wanna back off from being directly on top of them and maybe take up a position just outside the legs of the outside of the formation. As you get better at it, work your way more and more steep.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Instead of focusing on the formation. Look through them; use your peripheral to keep them in the frame. That way if they move left, right, or rotate you will notice that they are doing it and be able to compensate. It sounds as though you are concentrating to hard on them and loosing sight of were they are on the ground, until you look at you vid and see that you were following them.
--------------------------------------------------------
Some one must go to the edge for others to be able to find it. But if you go be sure you can make it back.