CBurket

2K composites camera helmets

I just got my new 2K composites FF2 freefly helmet and it looks awesome. I was a little skeptical since I'd never seen one and I didn't know if they would get the fit right but the helmet looks awesome and fits like a glove. The camera fits perfectly and I can't wait to take it up soon. I'll post some pictures sometime, if anyone hasn't seen this helmet, its kind of a combination of the optik with the camera mount built in like the old sidewinder. Also, if there are going to be any FF coaches at Eloy let me know, I'm guessing the ones down there are booked up already.

I've got pretty good use out of mine. Only disappointing thing was that the chincup that came with it was a piece of shit. When you pay over £300 for a helmet you expect better than that. Ended up shelling out for a Bonehead chincup (which is great).

Will

In the meantime I have fitted a second strap to go underneath the chin.

Yep, after I cut off the original chin-cup (which was on a regular strap with a fastex clip) I kept that as a second strap (under my chin). Both the straps are on the same cutaway assembly.

Will

Saw one for the first time at Elsinore this weekend. One of their AFFI's has started doing video and wanted a helmet that was light and small. It looks nice, but yes the chin cup looks less than desirable.

Heard that they're changing the chin cup to a rachet-type assembly now.

I still prefer the Bonehead products, though.
ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

how about a little thread resurrection? any new input on the 2kcomposites helmets? especially from those people that have had theirs now for a while...

(good info in this thread, but thought somebody might have some new tidbits...)

anyone able to make some more decent camparisons between the FF2 and the FFX?

have they upgraded the chin cups or are people still modifying them? it sounds like they've changed them, but i wasn't sure.

thanks to any and all that have helpful info to share. i don't know many people with 2kcomposites, but i really like their anti-snag design and i'd like to hear more of their pros and cons...

:)

anyone able to make some more decent camparisons between the FF2 and the FFX?

I have FF2 so am biased, but problem with FFX is you have to take the camera out of the helmet to change batteries or firewire footage. Much easier with the flap on the FF2.

have they upgraded the chin cups or are people still modifying them?

Yes, they do now supply quality chin cups similar to the Bonehead one. After reading my comment in this thread I got an email from 2K offering me a free chincup. I was already using the Bonehead chincup but was impressed nonetheless with their after-sales service.

Will

FFX is an excellent camera helmet. I have mine for a while now. Fits like a glove and its perfect.

They have upgraded their chin-cups to quality rachette type. They also have a cut-away system, which I think is super.

Steve and Allison are excellent with their customer service. I give them two thumbs up...;)