mountainman

Re: [quade] What filters do you use? #2

Well, the 37mm filter -should fit in between the wide and main lenses, but as stated before, it will offer no protection to the wide angle and -may- cause a couple of -minor- issues.

I guess the only way you'll know if you like it is if you try it. :)
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Well, we have just ordered a new PC120 and a Kenko .5 lens.

Will a 37mm UV filter work?

Sorry to hijack your thread to talk exits.

No. I have the same setup. You'll need a UV filter that's just a little bigger than 37mm, cause the Kenko is bigger than the Sony lens. Don't put the UV between the camera and the convertor. Get a UV filter that fits on the front of the Kenko. The same site you bought it from should be able to tell you what size. Now that the Kenkos are running about $30, I don't bother. Just more stuff sticking out.

Have you got the "the camera flyers won't hassle me mandatory " 200 jumps yet? Hmmmm Mountain Man? There's lots more to it than just putting a camera on your head. I haven't been so frustrated since AFF. I'll have to post about this past weekend. Argh.

As always I defer my opinion to that of the masters.

The kenko .5 lense I have screws into a 37mm lense, but you need a 46mm filter if you want to put it on front.

Putting a $20 filter on the front is worth it for a $100 lense, but not for a $25 one. Protection is the number one use for a U/V filter.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.