IMGR2

Anyone play with an Sony IP-7 yet?

I've read all the specs but don't exactly understand everything they talk about.
It seems to me that you can playback on a TV, just can't firewire to a DV camera.
Does anybody know if it is compatable with any kind of capture card and software like Premiere. Or maybe even a Canopus system.
I have looked at them at Circuit City but they are not set up to do any real work.

Thanks,
Bryan

. . . just can't firewire to a DV camera . . .

Or Firewire to any standard digital video editing program (that I'm aware of). To most of us, that's a pretty big deal.

Going in via analog connections just, well, isn't the way it ought to be done if you want to maintain the highest video quality.

Speaking of quality, the compression used in the IP-7 and other similar cameras is higher than the miniDV cameras most of us are used to. The video quality will suffer a bit.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Plus the lack of a LANC port means no cam-eye ever. The format is only able to be played digitally on the camera. To get the fotage off the camera it has to go analog or to another micro-dv camera. They are too gimicky right now in the format to be seriously jumpable.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

well, my friend has a ip-5(basically the same as ip-7) and it's great for the safety(so small) but it does suck that he can fire wire to anything. it does have a "s" cable hook-up and you can go from camera to camera that way, just no sound, and not as good of picture. so all in all i would wait a while until more cameras like it are out there, and there's more things that are compatible with it.

blue sky's and long swoops
kelly