SkydiveMonkey

Z1 with camera

The Z1 is a great RW bucket, and I love mine...but I don't think it would be a good choice for camera for a lot of reasons.
Not very sturdy (remember, your head is your tripod, u want to be "clamped" in)
and also it is very thin...not much epoxy and fiber glass in it. I don't know that it would be a good place to mount a camera to and not worry about it breaking off or damaging the helmet.
who knows
z

Yup!
One of the most essential things in rigging a camerahelmet is to remember that the thing should really be fixed to your head. To be effective and safe the helmet should "screwed" and secure. It shouldn't move at all. The Z1 is not good for that. Rememder that the g-forces that affect your head and neck at opening will multiply when you add the weight of a camera to your helmet...
Try a commercial camerahelmet, end see how snuggly it fits... Then decide what to buy or build!
Blue skies and great vids...
Tomppa

I jump a Sidewinder O2, which I love (I had a reg sidewinder as well, but wanted the flip up visor, so I got the O2). I don't know if Sky Systems even makes them anymore - I don't see them listed on their site, or advertised anymore.
As far as I know, the Sidewinder's are the only full face camera helmets.
One other option is the Sky Systems X-Jacket, which they say attaches to any helmet. I toyed with that idea many years back (when it was called the Sidewinder Sportz) with my Factory Diver, but I didn't like the fact that there was a gap between the camera mount and the helmet. Too much room for lines, etc to snag.
-Tommy

As far as I know, the Sidewinder's are the only full face camera helmets.

You can install the camera mounts to the new bonehead's boomerang full face helmet, is listed as one of the options.
"Life is full of danger, so why be afraid?"
drenaline