Zennie

Sony MicroMV?

Just saw the new Sony MicroMV camera.
The thing is tiny! They say quality is comparable to mini-DV, but I'm just wondering if any camera fliers have looked into it.
Is this going to replace the PC-100/110 on camera flier helmets?
"Zero Tolerance: the politically correct term for zero thought, zero common sense."

i wouldnt bother getting one any time soon espicially seens its a sony only format. Also memory sticks are the future i got one on my camera , though its only like a meg lol but in a couple of years they will be in the gigs and they are also cross media and brands
Opinions are like a-holes everyone has one, the only one that does you any good is yours and all that comes out is shit

Also memory sticks

Mem Sticks are a Sony product and they aren't what they are cracked up to be. It is quite expensive, not very large and work only in Sony devices.
Compact Flash Cards, Multi-media Cards and Smart Media Cards, however, aren't a Sony product. Many manufactors across the industry use these solid state memory cards in many different products. Since it isn't a one manufacture thing, they are relatively cheap and already you can purchase some obscene sizes for you different memory requirements. :)"ahhhhoo...the little guy hasn't done anything yet and you know its going to be good..."

There's a good review here
http://www.dansdata.com/dcrip7.htm
One big problem is that when you come down off a jump (!) you can't firewire footage to anyone else nor put their footage onto your tape because the digital format of the IP7 is different.

Mem Sticks are a Sony product and they aren't what they are cracked up to be. It is quite expensive, not very large and work only in Sony devices.
Compact Flash Cards, Multi-media Cards and Smart Media Cards, however, aren't a Sony product
woops thats what happens when you post at 3am lol yer i meant the industry wide ones, mines panisonic lol
Opinions are like a-holes everyone has one, the only one that does you any good is yours and all that comes out is shit