Kirils

1st time camera

OK, I'm really out of my league in this forum. I must confess total ignorance... I beg your patience.
I have purchased an Nvertigo-X helmet, and my PC-9 is on the way. I am broke now and still have to hook the camera to the helmet. Paragear shows a "roll-cage" to hold the camera, but for another $200.00?? Ouch!! And a sight...another big ouch in the wallet! Is there a cheap way to mount this thing??
I had no idea it would get this costly.
OH Great SkyGod of the camera, I humbly ask you to forgive my ignorance and thank you for any advice.
Skydiving is not a static excercise with discrete predictability...

The L bracket comes with all the needed materials to mount it. All you need to do is add a thumbscrew at the bottom if you want (I would'nt do without) and then mount the camera to the helmet. The L bracket should come with 2 peices of webbing and the fastex buckles. One goes from top to bottom and the other wraps from front to back. The only problem with this setup is the camera is now completly exposed and a kick do to a bad ext can hit the electronics rather then the D-box. And personally, I'd stay away from the Roll Cage, the Complete boxes that Bonehead makes are WAY better.
I want to touch the sky, I want to fly so high ~ Sonique

I'm using a blank mailing label sliced into 1/8 inch slivers. I can easly move the up and down one or the side to side as I'm jumping at the DZ if I see that eveything is just not quite right. Also its not a snag hazzard. :)I want to touch the sky, I want to fly so high ~ Sonique

Flying a cmera is definantly not cheap. Remember, you have to be ready to cut the thing away without hesitation if things get REALLY BAD.
The mount that I use on my Hawkeye is just a piece of aluminum that is bent to fit the camera on the bottom with an extra piece bent on the top to go into the flash mount. Drill a few holes in the side for the screw mounts and one in the bottom for the tripod mount, and you are ready to go. If you are going to be freeflying witht he camera, I don't think a site is very important. After a few jumps with it, you will get used to looking with your head rather than your eyes and the videos will get much better.
If you want to see the mount, go to http://www.geocities.com/klingeme/images/HeadDown02.jpg and you will see it in use. Let me know if you have any more questions, I can be reached at [email protected].
Mark Klingelhoefer