collinb

Fusion 50/50, how are they going?

stuck at home with rotator cuff surgery but was wondering how the Fusion 50/50 event is going at Perris?
love to here and see a pic or two.....

Stuck at home with a shoulder injury myself. Surgery on the horizon. Also wondering how the 50/50 Fusion fun is going.

Kate? Bill? Amy? Helloooooo! :)
ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Wind wasn't a problem.

It was F***ing cold, especially at front float on load 1 at 17,000ft. (Dan BC put me there 'cos I'd unfavorably compared the Perris weather with Chicago's);)

We made 4 completions in the 85-95 way range.

Two minor injuries, one a broken tib , the other, two broken fingers (caught under the bar when the door was opened).

Other than that, lots of fun.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>Two minor injuries, one a broken tib , the other, two broken
>fingers (caught under the bar when the door was opened).

I would also add a few sprained ankles, a sore shoulder, and a concussion - although the concussion, to be fair, happened in a parking lot and was unrelated to the event. Even so I think we lost five women total to various injuries, thus making it more like a Fusion 45/50. Sadly one of the women we lost to a broken leg was Paula, the organizer.

We had one day of marginal winds, but oddly had no injuries while the winds were honking.

>It was F***ing cold, especially at front float on load 1 at 17,000ft.

Hey, I was in that slot for three days! I had a bailout oxygen system for the dives, and it was _very_ nice to have it when you have to unwedge the shoe, open the door, climb out, and cling there at 18,000 feet for 20 seconds or so as the base gets ready to go.

Overall, our plane was a piece of cake to work with; not much drama at all. I lucked out getting the "easy" plane. And while front float can be a pain in the butt from a temperature perspective, the view was _really_ cool.

Thanks to everyone who put this together, and also thanks to E plane for making my job an easy one!

> Did you turn any points?

No. We came very close to a second point three times but didn't quite close it. On the plus side we tried some cool new dives, including one that looked downright impossible on paper - but again we got quite close.

No. We came very close to a second point three times but didn't quite close it.

Nice work, Leigh was dissapointed she couldn't go.

maybe next time.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

don't believe you were surprised at getting a front float slot - it is your speciality! And getting the tall people out of the plane first gives the others more space to wedge into the back of th plane :P

tash

Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

don't believe you were surprised at getting a front float slot - it is your speciality! And getting the tall people out of the plane first gives the others more space to wedge into the back of th plane :P

tash

I DID NOT fall off this time!:P

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.