druspork

UK Nationals

I do apologise if any offence was caused by asking the question of what would happen in the situation I mentioned and I only used Airkix as an example - maybe I should have used an X, Y and Z situation:$

For the record, what Airkix achieved was amazing. Winning at the World Meet and then going on to win the UK Nationals a couple of weeks later. I think they will be legends in the UKB|

Does anyone know of another sport where women and men compete against each other for the same Gold Medal? I can't think of one?

Equestrianism - show jumping, dressage and 3 day eventing. 3 Day Eventing, which is the toughest and most gruelling, has been dominated by females for many years.

Liz

I do apologise if any offence was caused by asking the question of what would happen in the situation I mentioned and I only used Airkix as an example

I don't think that's what triggered the response you got, it's this:

Over 10 rounds, it would be fitting to take off 1 or 2 points for a true score for all teams

What does this have to do with the situation you mentioned ie girls teams in the Open class? There is no link whatsoever that I can see. Am i missing something? :S

You could have used teams X, Y and Z as examples of more 'fitting' averages I spose - take the French girls down to a 15.8 and the Russian girls down to a 12.6, and while you're there, drop Spa to an 18.4 and Panthers to a 19.8 (irrespective or their recent 24 average...).

Or is that not quite as 'fitting' any more? [:/]

I really do not want to get into a slanging match over a personal opinion, but by reading my post, it stated that:

Over 10 rounds, it would be fitting to take off 1 or 2 points for a true score for all teams

Please note that I stated ALL TEAMS, so yes, each team could possibly have had a point lower average over 10 rounds at the World Meet, alternatively they could have all scored a point average more.

I also stated that I WAS NOT TAKING ANYTHING AWAY FROM THE WINNERS....

As it was, the competition finished when it did so speculation on deduction or addition of a point average is just that - speculation for everyone.

I feel I am getting flamed for my own personal views that are not in keeping with a blind faith in my "country". I have not been flamed for my support of Airspeed. Why not? They were not the British 8-Way team at Gera....

Either way, the Women's class in skydiving will always be a contentious issue.

The fairest way to do it is to scrap the Open Class and have the Olympic way (apart from the Equestrian events) and have a Men's Class and a Women's Class. Alternatively, just to add a bit more of a debate, scrap one gender altogether. Netball at Olympic level is only played by women. Men do not get a look in:P

Liz

I am new to the forum but I can't quite believe the posts regarding Airkix. I am intrigued to find out why there would be negative discussions regarding an all female team.

Do a search (by clicking on the Search Posts link near the top of the page). This issue has been discused and debated and beaten over the head with a big stick. In short, the naysayers believe that women are good enough not to need a separate category.

I really do not want to get into a slanging match over a personal opinion

My misunderstanding, you stated it as fact:

it would be fitting to take off 1 or 2 points for a true score for all teams

No slanging match but just confused as to your point :)

I also stated that I WAS NOT TAKING ANYTHING AWAY FROM THE WINNERS....

Just a couple of points on EVERYONE'S average, after all :P

I have not been flamed for my support of Airspeed. Why not? They were not the British 8-Way team at Gera....

You're not being 'flamed' for your support of anyone (are you showing any?). Just questioned about your statements about averages.

Still don't get the relevance to the girls in Open thing though? [:/]