faulknerwn

RW Instructional Videos

Are there any RW instructional videos out there? I'm looking for something which teaches good RW techniques - not necessarily hard-core team stuff..

Kinda understand what you mean, but: "good RW techniques" = "hard-core team stuff" So any video from the top teams, AS mindmaps, the Golden Knights vids, etc.

I don't know any transition training videos to get to that point or vids that explain the block techniques and basics.

Good coaching is the best way. If you get to Perris sometime, BC can set up really good basics training (exits, how to do the blocks, what's important in a block vs what doesn't matter, etc).

One good coach is better than anything since it seems that having a lot of different coaches suggest different, sometimes conflicting things. The best coaches I've had emphasized the common stuff, presentation, maintaining pressure, middle pictures, finishes, arching through the burble (stuff that all the coaches didn't seem to disagree on) and didn't seem to worry much about the things that the other coaches had differences of opinion conflicted (like double vs single grips on a certain block for example).

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Basically I run a gear store in Texas, and I had a request from someone with a hundred jumps this weekend for a basic RW video. He's not on a team or anything else, he just wants something to watch that explains basic stuff. I know there used to be Kinesthesia - not sure if that's still around or current.. Not sure if there's anything out there about the Mantis position..

When I had 30 jumps, I showed up at the DZ early on a friday and didn't have a whole lot to do. The DZO and another instructor gave me a copy of Kinesthesia and Skydive 499 to watch in the video room. Both were excellent training tools in my opinion. Certainly neither was a "kick ass video" to watch at the DZ during a weather hold, but both were extremely beneficial for RW progression. This was over 2 years ago now, but I still remember pointers that I learned therein.

btw, I think both are still available from ParaGear, although certainly need to call and check.

I got a strong urge to fly, but I got no where to fly to. -PF

Kinesthesia is current.

Not a bad video, but a bunch has changed since 1989-1990(?)

Kinesthesia talks about moves from a boxman....And one thing they mention to go forward is to arch your chest....It works, but it is kinda dated.

Skydiving has changed a bunch in the last 16 years.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334