GQ_jumper

Lookin to put together a 4 way team at the Ranch, who's in?

I just found out I may be moving to New York around thanksgiving and will be about 30 minutes from the ranch, I'd really like to put together a kick ass 4 way team when i get there. Does anyone know of any teams looking for a fourth, or if there's anyone else there looking for a team?
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I'd be down for the cause if I didn't still kinda suck and made more money, but I've only got 69 jumps and haven't started my new job yet, so putting me on a 4-way team probably isn't ideal. I plan on having many more jumps and $$ by the end if the season, and since I just started IAF April 1st, I guess I'm not doing that badly...

i'm not going to be out there until this winter so you've got some time, and don't worry about not being the best flyer yet, we all had to start somewhere. i'm looking for attitude more than skill, i can be on a team with someone who isn't the worlds greatest four way flyer but i won't stand for someone who wants to be on a competition team and doesn't want to push themselves to be the best, i'm competitive as hell what can i say;). keep in touch
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I'm pretty competitive too, as the bruises from fight night would be evidence too. I'd like to go get some tunnel time once i have the time and money to go to a tunnel and I usually fly belly with the occasional attempt at sitflying thrown in. I'm sure there are plenty of other, better fliers who would be looking for a spot on a team, so keep looking and I'm sure you'll find one, or three...:P

straight up if you want to go to the tunnel and get good, go to an Airspeed camp. I went to my first one when I had barely 100 jumps and when i came out i was getting invited on 4 ways with groups who all had over 1000 jumps, those camps will do amazing things for you flying, and like i mentioned in another thread after doing about four more Airspeed camps that they put together for me i can push a 16+ average. they rok
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

May I politely suggest that you watch your language? there was nothing offensive in my post (and all the previous posts).

You claim that you are pushing 16+ ... well what's wrong with wanting to see the vid? I am sure there are other people who will be interested to find out if you are telling the truth (and I honestly hope so) or just bullshitting ...

Funny stuff, Anton - He's been doing some serious training and had the opportunity to go up with some of the best jumpers around to do those 10 rounds. I think it's great to have the chance to do that.

And I'd love to see the video, I think it would be a blast to watch. Even better, I'd like to trade places for a while and get some of that same treatment.

I'm jealous, but in a "I'm happy for a friend" kind of way.

Edit: and I think that with that kind of expectation and moving to the north and taking on some new teammates (with the hope of bringing up a new team to snuff) that it's a good thing to do, and will also dash some of those expectations for the first couple years. I've been living that myself, and It's been satisfying, but not in a personal training kind of way. I recommend getting people with money and drive and chemistry and trying to get a 3 (THREE) year commitment. That's hard to do. Best I've done so far is a 2 year run before $$$ took their toll. This year we started over 'again'.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Well - lets not confuse cynicism with sarcasm. Perhaps more facts would be helpful to the group. For example, was it 16+ in the tunnel or from the plane? Who were the other 3 on the 4 way? More power to ya if you hit those numbers at your experience level, I'm jealous!!! I've been doing this for a long time with the best of coaches and still can't do a 16+ without a player-coach in the mix.

Steve
GT

For example, was it 16+ in the tunnel or from the plane? Who were the other 3 on the 4 way? More power to ya if you hit those numbers at your experience level, I'm jealous!!! I've been doing this for a long time with the best of coaches and still can't do a 16+ without a player-coach in the mix.

i can answer those for ya;), ur right i probably should've put the asterix next to my previous statement.

the score was from the 2003 nats open class draw, i did it in the tunnel with Andy H., Andy D. and Brian Johnson. I know the tunnel is a lot different when it comes to the scores you'll post but it's the only refference i've had recently to show me where i'm at. and i know that the other three i was flying with had a lot to do with that score as well, but it is awesome to be able to get in there and really see how everything is supposed to look, there's no doubt who made the mistakes on those jumps so it makes the video debrief go that much smoother:P

also remi, i really would love to post the vids, but i honestly have no clue where any of my skydiving dvd's are, i lost the whole book of em on a trip to albequerque last week

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Dan (GQ Jumper) is one of those peeps who has a natural talent for skydiving. I was blown away by the way he flew on the number of jumps he had at the time. If he was the "baby" of a very experienced team or a player/coach team, he would be capable of doing a 16+ average, especially with him being in the tail slot.

Now Dan, before you get too big headed, remember I kicked your ass in the tunnelB| and you are more suited to tail than outside centre, much as you may like to argue the point;)

Liz

he would be capable of doing a 16+ average, especially with him being in the tail slot.

I'd be fightin to keep up!!!! I pulled it off but that score was me fightin for survival, and it definitely helps when the other three in the air are the best in the buisness. if you took four of me and threw us in the air it would probably be somewhere closer to a 9 or 10 if we even made it to plane, my guess is I'd end up beatin the crap out of me after a long argument over who's hair looks better:P

Liz I never argued with you that tail wasn't for me I just like OC better at the time, I never realized how hard you had to work as a tail until Rosa and I did that 2 on 2. I love how agressive tail slot forces you to be and I like spinnin pieces more than being spun at the top of a piece. But if you really wanna hear it, you were right;)

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Cool, then I'm glad that we did that 2 on 2, Dan. Since I fly Point, I really appreciated you flying Tail.

I've flown with you as Tail and as OC, but your assets were definitely better used as Tail. Glad that you are going to be flying that slot!

Edited: How is your Ranch teammates search coming along?

How is your Ranch teammates search coming along?

A few people have dropped me a line to introduce themselves, I can't make any comittments though because this whole thing is only tentative. I would really love to head up there as I would be getting an amazing opportunity but until I know what the future has in store I'm mostly just trying to do a little networking. lookin back i probably should've titled this thread a bit different.

and I'm definitely glad I did that session with ya as a tail, I think we would've lost a lot of points if we had been piece partners.

--Dwight D. Eisenhower