GQ_jumper

Update on John Hoover

In case anyone was wondering John Hoover has been back from Afghanistan for a few months now, he's doing great on his new team and did a great job in Afghanistan. He was even sent to the HALO basic course, but got to skip the tunnel and all the initial training, go figure! and all he had to do was the eval jumps out at yuma. I'm currently in Yuma for the HALO JM course and found out one of the guys in my class is on his team, that's where I got the info.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

And the rest of the guys? Didn't the whole team have to travel since Fire won Nationals

thanks, I'm a real fan of the GK's

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

And the rest of the guys? Didn't the whole team have to travel since Fire won Nationals

no not the whole team, only Hoover and Brooks, they were both Special Forces guys and ever since 9-11 SF command has been trying to keep us off the Knights, that's why I haven't dropped my packet to tryout. I'm not sure about Brooks though, I'll look into it a little bit more and see what I can dig up.

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Well go figure, the Army's files are out of date becuase he is currently listed as falling under the Knights. but as we all know SF command snagged him up the second the round 11 score for nationals was posted. I'll call around to some of my buddies and maybe figure out what group he's in.

I also know that John got himself a little banged up recently on a night HALO, nothin serious just a few bumps and bruises, those night landings can suck
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

well considering he hasn't been an 18B in over ten years.....;)according to his teammates though he did fine on his transition back into the community and group life
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I've never met him so i had no clue how he'd do going back to SF

Great guy. When I got to Bragg he let me live in his house for a year. One of the best people I know. Honest, hard working, and loyal.

Razor sharp focus and determined.

If you ever get the chance, hang with him.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

chances are i'll be in bragg next year so i just may have to. although from what I hear he got a big laugh after finding out that I'm a big Airspeed fan:P
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

although from what I hear he got a big laugh after finding out that I'm a big Airspeed fan

You are an Airspeed fan?!?!?!? I would have never guessed:S:P
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I'm an Airspeed fan too (just not in front of John:P)

Seriously he is a hell of an upstanding guy and is always willing to teach (no matter what your asking about).

On your way to Bragg next year swing buy and make a hop or two from the UH-60's or CH-47's with us.B|
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!