GQ_jumper

Deland fire at the world meet

Does anyone else think that fire isn't training quite as hard as they could be for the world meet? It seems like they were working a lot harder last year to get ready for nationals.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

That is rteally a "Stir the Pot" statment and there is no backing up of the issue that you tossed out? Espically given the performance that they posted with basically no jumps (due to injury), yeah they did not win but it was at a very high level.

I am not in the know with the team nor do I know the plan they have in place regarding training but If you have the training schedule posted it and it showed no traning then maybe you are on to something but I think this can basically be classfied as a "Troll" post... unless there is some reason that your saying that??

Is this like the "I dont have to tell my sources" comming from a reporter???

just my initial impression on reading the post.....

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

The only info I have right now is from the interviews that the nsl site has done with the team members, I just remember last year they had more competitions in their training plan, and my impression was that they were pushing themselves a lot harder.

So no i'm not trolling looking for arguments, i want nothing more than to see excalibur stay on American soil. I'm just trying to find out if anyone with a little more knowledge on the team can enlighten me a bit as to how their training schedule this years compares to last. So how bout easin up a little on call troll.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Dan, I don't think you are stirring the pot per se.

Last year, Fire were a "new" team rather than an established team, so they were basically starting from scratch and had so many months to bond and fly as a team before Nationals and to acheive their goal (which was to win).

It's unfortunate that all these top athletes like Fire and Airspeed do not have the luxury of devoting all their time to training - they have to earn money in between training (oh, to be a football (soccer to the Yanks) player!!!).

Most of these top teams plan their year in advance taking into account work, family obligations, rest time and the amount of training that they know as a team they need to do to achieve their set goal.

Airspeed 8 has only done 1 meet this year - will that affect their chances in Germany? I don't think so...

As a team Fire seem to get it together mentally on the "day". The World Cup 05 they had done no training after the Nationals until the practice jumps just before the comp and it was the same for the Shamrock meet. At both meets, they posted impressive scores and got silver medals.

For a team to do that in those circumstances is pretty damn awesome, so I wouldn't worry too much about their training schedule leading up to Germany!

The World Meet will be very exciting in ALL the RW classes with the level of talent out there.

Liz

I'd say this year the battle between the US and Italy will rival that of the battle between Airspeed and the Russians in 8 way a few years back.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Does anyone else think that fire isn't training quite as hard as they could be for the world meet? It seems like they were working a lot harder last year to get ready for nationals.

Nope. I think they are training, but you just don't know about it.

The only info I have right now is from the interviews that the nsl site has done with the team members,

Airspeed does not have a bunch of stuff on the NSL website...Does that mean they don't have a chance?

I just remember last year they had more competitions in their training plan

They have a busy life, and commitments. Competitions are good, but as a team grows they can become less important. You compete to prepare for the stress. The Nats was about as stressful as it could possibly get last year. And they now have a few competitions were they didn't win.

and my impression was that they were pushing themselves a lot harder.

Your impressions from one source?

I think they have their work cut out for them. I think they will do well, but its goning to be really close.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Airspeed does not have a bunch of stuff on the NSL website...Does that mean they don't have a chance?

Your impressions from one source?

The NSL website is probably the only place where peeps who are not "in the know" and follow RW can go to find out the latest news and read team interviews.

Kurt is an excellent reporter and reports what he is told in interviews - he is very trusted and no other website comes close to his (apart from Omniskore during the last World Cup;))

Liz
a.k.a LizBits

The NSL website is probably the only place where ...Kurt is an excellent reporter ....no other website comes close to his...

Kurt and the NSL has done more for our area in terms of 4-way growth and knowledge than any other source (creating the environment, giving us goals vs the nation rather than just locally, we bring in pro coaches for the NSL meets - in particular Chromy who's had the biggest direct impact on our region, the NSL tunnel camps were our first exposure to the tunnel, etc.....) Kurt's alright - and he posts these cool dives for us all to share and learn from.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

The NSL website is probably the only place where peeps who are not "in the know" and follow RW can go to find out the latest news and read team interviews.

Kurt is an excellent reporter and reports what he is told in interviews - he is very trusted and no other website comes close to his

While all true, it does not mean that thats all there is to the story. He does a good job, writes very well, has lots of info. But that does not mean thats the whole story.

It may look like Fire is not doing more. But they are old news. They already won and are the US team. Sanapsi is hot news, Spa Hayabusa is news, Fury and Fastrax all have new people and that makes them news.

Airspeed has been mentioned by Kurt 4 times in the headlines so far this year. Fire has 6 headlines. and two interviews.

My only point is that to make a judgment only off of one source, even if that source is really good, only tells part of the story.

I can't see Fire not doing their best. Garry is the current WC, Natasha is an animal, and Ian and Shannon I don't think want it any less.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

hey i stopped by the tunnel last weekend to say whats up and you were nowhere in sight!

I was at the tunnel for 9 hours over the weekend. Had a good time, meet Derek, went up into the foothills, ate at that little asian place next to the tunnel.

Shame we could not meet.