aljazm

Coach recommendation - Skydive Arizona

Hi,

My 4-way team is planning a trip to Skydive Arizona. The plan is to be there for 14 days. We would like to fly approximately 12 coached hours in the new tunnel and do about 40-50 jumps. The emphasis is on the tunnel flying. We all have about 4 hours in the tunnel by now (The Airspeed Tunnelcamp) and have done an average of 9 at our Nationals. The goal is to go to 11. We are looking for your recommendation on who to choose. We need somebody that will take this training seriously from the day 1 to the day 14 and have a big picture of what we have to do.
Please recommend somebody you have had great expirience with and if possible live a mail or number so we can contact him/her.

Well, if you've been to an Airspeed camp, you probably know most of those folks already, and know that they are spectacular coaches.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. Go to www.airspeed.org to find their individual email addresses.

However, getting one of them for 14 days straight may be tough. Consider using a few of them for a few days each. That will give them a break, and give you different perspectives on coaching. You have 4 people who probably all learn differently, so having different people say the same thing in different ways could be a big bonus.

One other person I would recommend is Stephan Lipp, especially for bodyflight coaching in the tunnel. I'm pretty sure you can contact him through the FLight Club link that appears here on dz.com.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

I believe he is from Europe..... it might be an advantage since you're european.

:P yes he'll understand how to deal with the anatomical differences from a personal perspective.

(I know you meant in communication in a home language, but it struck me strange on the first read.)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Not to detract from wonderful Skydive AZ, but when exactly are you planning your training tunnel camp there? My understanding is that their tunnel is far from being completed as this time.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Gary Beyer is an excellent coach and coaches fulltime now (having recently left Airspeed), so he will not have the same training commitments as other coaches - he already works with other European 4way teams and has several hundred tunnel coaching hours. Have sent you a PM with contact info. Good luck with the camp :)

Hey Aljaz,

I'm glad that you have Neal lined up for your tunnel camp - shame the tunnel at Eloy will not be finished for your shedule.

Neal is an awesome coach.

If you do make it to Eloy for some sky jumping, look up Kirk and Neal for coaching.

I reckon you will achieve more than an 11 point average by the time you are finishedB|

Liz