PhreeZone

Intro 4 way team forming in Ohio

I'm posting this in case anyone in the area is not on the mailing list already:

Ed Lightle would like to form a new Greene County 4-way team and is looking for jumpers interested in learning 4-way from the ground up. He would like to practice 2 - 3 times a month the first season and compete in a couple local meets. Depending on the team's progress, the team would practice two full weekends a month the following year and compete at the 2006 Nationals in the Intermediate division. He is also looking for a team videographer and could meet to discuss his plans on March 12th at the DZ.

For Ed's contact info PM me if you are interested.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Hi, Scott.

We'd love to have you. Things are looking kind of slim this season for my "intro" team but jumping hasn't started yet. If that doesn't work out, I might get on a AA team in Indiana (if things work out) - practice one weekend a month and challenge ourselves at the meets; maybe Nationals.

BTW, sometime this Spring I should have an article in Parachutist about 2-way drills as a way to prepare yourself for 4-way.

Have a Great Season!
Ed Lightle B|

Cool... I've been working with several experienced 4-way teams here in GA (Invicid and Airlock) both of them are former GT teams and I'm also playing in the Ga Skydiving League this summer when my team can get together...

We're not very good yet though... my early 2-way has been described as RW wrestling.

I'll probably stop by Skydive Greene County some time in early August...

Scott

------------------------------------------------------------
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I'm posting this in case anyone in the area is not on the mailing list already:

Ed Lightle would like to form a new Greene County 4-way team and is looking for jumpers interested in learning 4-way from the ground up. He would like to practice 2 - 3 times a month the first season and compete in a couple local meets. Depending on the team's progress, the team would practice two full weekends a month the following year and compete at the 2006 Nationals in the Intermediate division. He is also looking for a team videographer and could meet to discuss his plans on March 12th at the DZ.

For Ed's contact info PM me if you are interested.

I am doing the exact same thing in Colorado. PM me if you are interested. (Sorry Phree to share a thread)

Sounds like you'll be ahead of the game with all the expert coaching from the GT competitors. Georgia has a pretty strong 4-way league. If Mr. Pink competes this season, tell Glen Hauenstein that Ed Lightle says hi and thanks (he'll know why).

See ya later in the season...

- Ed - :ph34r:

I don't know if Mr. Pink is actually competeting this year... I do know Mike Gruwell is planning to hit as many GSL competitions as he can this year...

and I've heard rumors that Mr. Pink is thinking about starting up again too... I'll be sure to say hi for you if if I see Glen.

This weekend I got to jump point with Danny Page as ouside center... (I managed to funnel jump two after the first point :S I felt sooo bad...) he seemed to be ok with it... even laughed about it when I appologized about it on the ground.

But is is fun,

Scott

edited because I said "inside center" instead of "outside center"
-----------------------------------------------------------
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Scott,

I'm glad (and jealous!) to hear that you did 4-way with Danny Paige. Sounds like you'll be ready for a team next year. The way things are going I might have to wait til then too. Only one person besides you has shown interest, and that person won't be available til late May. Oh well, at least I'm recruiting belly flyers for Greene County, huh.

Take care and stay safe,
Ed Lightle B|