AMax

Hill statistics

Does anyone track the times (delays) between the exit and the key to the second point for Intermediate or Advanced 4-way teams? I know Mario has some data on his website but I wonder if there any other sources. I would greatly appreciate if someone suggests the source available on-line or shares the personal statistics.

Thanks,
Anton

Does anyone track the times (delays) between the exit and the key to the second point for Intermediate or Advanced 4-way teams?

I did....If its greater than two seconds it needs work.

I have attached a training tool I use.

It only tracks the last 10 since thats all that matters.
The yellow blocks are the last rep. It's only there so I know where we ended.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Brian Johnson on Airspeed has a really cool program he came up with that tracks just about every type of stat you can think off. We saw them using it at the Valentines meet.

I believe he only wants 70 dollars for it. It is worth the money. To be honest I am not sure if it tracks the break time on the hill, but I bet ya it does.

Contact him through the Airspeed web site.
Dom

I did....If its greater than two seconds it needs work.

Ron,
Is there any point in skydiving when you feel that you are so good so there no more need to work on improvement?;) Oh wait, a thought like that probably strikes you for a second at the point when you just won the gold and are about to more from intermediate to advanced of from advanced to open;), but I have not yet experienced this:(

Thanks for the dada, I thin it will be useful for us.
Edit:
dgskydive,
Do you know any details about the program? How do you transfer the data? Is there some sort of demo or manual?

Thanks guys!
Anton

Do you know any details about the program? How do you transfer the data? Is there some sort of demo or manual?

Not sure. I am bet he has some sort of manual for it. Contact him and he will tell ya all about it. Nice guy. Our video is going to get it for his system.
Dom

Ron,
Is there any point in skydiving when you feel that you are so good so there no more need to work on improvement?

Not that I know.;)
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I am now tempted to dig out the old (huh ... old ;)) tape and look at the exits of my first rookie 8-way team. We all had about 70-100 jumps on average (except for very experienced player coach) when we started. After a few jumps we totally nailed the 8-way stairstep exit and lunched it several dozen times without a single funnel. The funny thing is that after the break we still could not get together and build the first point ;););):P

Edit to add:
druspork,
do you track wich exit you take out?

druspork,
do you track wich exit you take out?

I could be getting carried away with the things I want to track. But with the back tracked stuff from last season - the exits are definitely recorded.

On our stats - just a note - "time to break" is exit and key to get off it. "Time to second point" is just that, it's a measure from the exit with the hill transition. ie exit, break, transition (block if that's the draw), close point 2. There are a couple of fluffy transitions there [our 14's were crap], but I'd hope we would only be really embarassed at open level.

Doesnt look like anyone measures time to point 2 - am I way off beam? My thinking was: why track the first break, I mean it's right there out the door. I wanted to know how we were going on the soggy hill.

Dru

Doesnt look like anyone measures time to point 2 - am I way off beam?

I am sure the top teams do.

My thinking was: why track the first break, I mean it's right there out the door.

I believe tracking the time to brake is quite important when you progress to more advanced level because it shows quantitatively which exits need improvement.

When first year rookie or intermediate teams begin taking every block or random from the dive pool (well, almost every one) the success rate is usually well below 100%. At this point it is probably ok to concentrate on problem children using the statistics of successful exits versus funnels (or replace the most difficult once with easier throw out points that allow relatively quick transition to the first point) When experience grows, the funnel rate goes down pretty quickly, but it does not mean that all successful exits are the same. At this point quantitative analysis of time to break should be quite helpful.

Doesnt look like anyone measures time to point 2 - am I way off beam?

Yes, I am sure you are off beam in some way;)

However, If you just track exit to break you will have 38 different things to track (based off of a full draw). If you try to track EVERY exit to second point you have 38 X 38 = 1,444 (someone check my math)...I doubt you will make that many jumps in a year. Also you really only need to track:

-Exit to break so you know what exits need work.

-Block times.

You *could* track all random transitions.....But very few teams will get to a point where they make enough jumps for that info to be useful in training. Same thing for exit to second point.

My thinking was: why track the first break, I mean it's right there out the door.

Lets you know which ones are not right there out the door.

You are all a bunch of obsessive nutjobs.

Uh...."Pot this is kettle calling......Your black, over."

-End transmission.