Jethers203

Who to talk to in Texas.....

Who should I talk to in Texas to get information on getting on the next state record?

Larry Henderson and Larry Hinson come to mind, but who else?

Also, give me some pointers on getting on a State Record. What are the do's and dont's? What are the steps in the process?

Thanks for any info in advance.

Clint D-24352

Rob Laidlaw is organizing it at SD Dallas. You'll probably have to go to some of his big-way camps. If you call up to SD Dallas they'll be able to give you some info on the camps.

Next time you come to Aggieland talk to Keith Mallet and Mark Futch, they've both done the bigway camps and Keith was on TSR this year (Mark had a scheduling conflict).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Here's how I managed it:
June 2004 arrived in Texas (from Germany). Jumped at Shydive Houston and Skydive Spaceland and heard about TSR. Looked at their website www.texasstaterecord.com and found the names of the plane captains.
July 2004: Jumped at 4th of July boogie at Skydive Dallas to get known to Larry Henderson and Rob Laidlaw and asked them about TSR
Jumped at Skyfest with Gary Beyer who send his recommendation to Tom Jenkins who finally send me the invitation.
The normal way would be to join at least one of the bigway camps (which I couldn't as I came to late to the States) and show your abilities both in the sky (good flying, grip discipline, follow the plan ....) and on the ground (listen, be there on time, follow the plan, ...)
so see you next year in Dallas.
vSCR No.94
Don't dream your life - live your dream!

I really don't (want to) remember as i kind of ignore any skydiving related payments because it would drive my crazy.B|
It was something around $600. Planned 15 jumps. Due to rain 10 jumps from 18000, 1 jump 21000ft, 1 jump 22000ft. Some money will be refunded.
As soon as I have internet at home I can send you the actual amount.
vSCR No.94
Don't dream your life - live your dream!

Another way is to go to the Perris Big Way Camp in October. Tell Kate, Tony or Dan you want to be evaluated for the TSR. Larry Henderson and Rob Laidlaw are often there as well. Talk to them. Visit Skydive Spaceland and talk to Tom Jenkins or Jack Berke. Visit Moss Point and talk to Jim Jenkins.

You need to get to know one of the captains for a recommendation.

Cost of TSR was $580, cost of POPS World Record was $540, cost of Big Way Camp is roughly the same.

Blue skies,

Jim