bigbearfng

Best book for learning rw?

It is really hard to learn RW from a book. The best place is in the tunnel, then in the air. However a few books have been helpful to me.

1. United we Fall.
2. The Art of freefall Relative Work.

Both of these books are by Pat Works and are quite old. Some of what they teach is outdated but many of their basic truths remain. (Flying you slot, quadrants, approaches...)

There are some better videos than books. Some of them are:

1. Basic Body Flight 125
2. Kinestasia

Bottom line... Its more fun to do skydiving than read about it or watch it.:)
John
Arizona Hiking Trails

All good advice(fm previous posts) also check out Mario Santos web site forgive me I am compuilliterate so no clicky for ya I know you can link it from here www.mariosantos.com there is no other website with that much information. If ya feel like digging around, go to Omniskore they have diagrams of all the different formations. Dive pools etc. I think that is putting the cart before the horse though. Like you said earlier, a day with a coach would be worth its weight in gold. Not being rude, having only 20 some jumps, get a qualified coach and learn all you can from that person. You have no bad habits so there would be none to break. Good luck to ya.
Mish

Hi bigbearfng,

mischo has already mentioned it, so here it goes.

From these 2 clicky links you'll be able to access to information related with Formation Skydiving:

* Articles about Formation Skydiving
http://www.mariosantos.com/uk_us/articles.htm

* An example of a Continuity Plan
http://www.mariosantos.com/uk_us/continuity.htm

Besides all this reading, jump as much as you can, have tunnel time if you can and mostly, whenever possible, get some sort of coaching, so you won't have to "find the way" alone.

Blue Skies! B|
-----------------------------
Mario Santos
Portugal

You could get one of Airspeed's videos or cds (499, Mindmaps, etc). The GK's have one and Majik just put one out as well. They show you all the randoms, blocks, and exits.

I think 4'99 is a great tool to start, however there were some changes in IPC dive pull since the tape was released.

I forgot about Omniskores Coach program. This is awesome. It not just shows you the moves (ie 4'99, Mind maps, and the other videos). It breaks each slots exact movements including when not to move. This doesn't fit in with every continuity plan but it (used in conjunction with 4'99 or mind maps) is a helluva start. Now you too, can become a borderline obsessed 4way geek.
Mish

I forgot about Omniskores Coach program.

Are you talking about the FS4 Motion Coach 2002 program?

This one, actually is not an Omniskore production... it is a Yola van der Wal ([email protected]) production and it has as well the last IPC Dive Pool update.

This is a cool program, working in Flash Player, including all the current Randoms and Blocks, where you'll be able to play, rewind, step forward or back, loop playing, the formations, selecting their respective mirror images, having red flags information for each, for each step move... definitely an excelent tool for 4-Way Formation Skydivers.

I think you can get the program as well through NSL website (http://www.skyleague.com/, where they have a link to a FS4 Motion Coach free Trial Version. The link is http://www.skyleague.com/FS4MOT~2.EXE.

For any doubts you may contact [email protected].

Blue Skies! B|
-----------------------------
Mario Santos
Portugal