rehmwa

Perris Performance Plus

I did hear at the Chicks Rock boogie that California energy costs might make the per-hour tunnel time more expensive than in Florida. I toured the facility (which is most emphatically still under construction), and it seems nice.

They were drywalling at least some of it.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

The only thing I can add is what's already been printed in "Skydiving"

The five-day camp will include one hour of tunnel time plus 24 jumps, with
more of both available for those with the money and motivation. Day one is
a full day of tunnel work that includes 30 minutes of one-on-one time with
a coach. The next three days start with ten minutes of tunnel time in the
morning, followed by a minimum of six jumps, followed by additional tunnel
time at night. The last day calls for eight jumps.

Hey Emma,

Nope but how about....

XL Tunnel 14-15, 1 hour tunnel $825
XL Challenge 17-21, 30 min tunnel, 25 jumps $2200

Not that I have a vested in interest in seeing you support your countrymen.;) Are you still planning on doing Thelma and Louise go DZ, tripping?

I have been watching this event. It sounds to me like the curriculum doesn't really provide the ability to improve one's body flight. Ten minutes per day in the tunnel? I have spent hours and hours of torture...I mean tunnel time learning to keep my darn arms in front of me and arch with the hips and use the legs and still have to force myself to remember to use my new skills when I get in the sky. The format might work for some, but I need more concentrated brainwork in the tunnel.

I see that Shannon Pilcher has been added as a coach. What happened to the "proven tunnel coaches" who are no longer listed?

It's all good, but for my money I will hop a flight from LAX to Orlando and book enough time so that I can't lift my arms when I get back to work...now if I could only find people to do 4-way with me..

"There really is such a thing as a quark!"

I see that Shannon Pilcher has been added as a coach. What happened to the "proven tunnel coaches" who are no longer listed?

are you familiar with shannon's coaching ability? i can't tell if you think shannon's addition to the list is a good or bad thing.

just in case, shannon is literally a world class coach and literally a world class skydiver (20+ point average with PD Blue and was a member of Deland Majik). oh yeah, he swoops pretty well, too. ;) shannon will make an incredible addition to the perris performance plus team. perris is fortunate to have his skills there.

based on what i have seen about this program, it is a pretty damn good one. i think this will be an incredibly effective way to train in perris.

arlo

I think the Perris site was just featuring that SP (super coach, world class) was participating as a coach. I doubt it implied that the other coaches already on staff were any less capable.

I understand Liffy's perspective, it's hard to 'unlearn' old habits generated over thousands of jumps. A lot of tunnel time = a lot of muscle memory exercises and helps the basics. Maybe people with a lot of jumps need to hit more tunnel and then these refresher days are more effective when tied to the 4-way in-air coaching. I'm still trying to keep from falling into old body positions, especially when a dive is going fast.

It still sounds great. I wish I had the vacation time and the $$$$.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I think the Perris site was just featuring that SP (super coach, world class) was participating as a coach. I doubt it implied that the other coaches already on staff were any less capable.

i never thought that implication was there. :) i was responding to someone mentioned the addition of shannon's name to the list. :)
anyway, the more peeps that go to perris, the more tunnel time in orlando for me. :P:P just kidding.

arlo>:(:ph34r:

I haven't had the pleasure of working individually with Shannon Pilcher, but from what I have heard and seen he is top-notch and I am anxious to work with him.

If there was a subtext in my post it was to point out that the Performance Plus coaching roster seems to have lost a few of its less seasoned tunnel coaches in favor of Shannon (who can certainly rest easy now that Arlo the dz.com queen has leapt to clarify his greatness at the slightest hint of a question).

I for one have to get back to work!

"based on what i have seen about this program, it is a pretty damn good one. i think this will be an incredibly effective way to train in perris".

Will you be forking over $2k-plus for 10 minutes of tunnel time per day and coach jumps with these coaches? If not, why then do you say it is such a great program?

Sorry Arlo, my first paragraph was in response to Liffy's note that you took exception to.

Liffy - I would fork over 2K for that experience provided each of my teammates participates. Definitely a team experience as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't want to show up and do the pick-up thing. In that case, I'd just go tunnel time.

But right now, I need more tunnel time so I'm your page there. The in-air stuff is for later when we get a bigger team commit ($$$).

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Liffy - I would fork over 2K for that experience provided each of my teammates participates. Definitely a team experience as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't want to show up and do the pick-up thing. In that case, I'd just go tunnel time.

Hey Rehm: sorry to go off thread, but I am so happy..the foxes just won 30 mins tunnel time..Yay go skyventure!

Arlo: just cos you dont pay for tunnel time, there is no need to gloat!! ;) such cacophony isnt ladylike.
haha!

You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.-Richard Bach

The coaches mentioned on the Perris PP site:

CHRISTOPHER IRWIN
SHANNON PILCHER
DAN BRODSKY-CHENFELD
PAT MCGOWAN
KAI WOLF
ANDY DELK

are the only coaches for the Dec camp. The other coaches named on the web page will be participating at other camps throughout the year.

XL have been running a tunnel/ jumping format for some time and I think it works well, as tunnel-honed terminal skills can't totally compensate for shoddy exits. $2k doesn't seem like an unfair price to me but I guess it won't suit everyone.

I did hear at the Chicks Rock boogie that California energy costs might make the per-hour tunnel time more expensive than in Florida. I toured the facility (which is most emphatically still under construction), and it seems nice.

They were drywalling at least some of it.

Wendy W.

We have heard a rumor that Orlando may raise its price to corespond with prices at Perris.
---------------------------------------------

Randy

The coaches mentioned on the Perris PP site:

CHRISTOPHER IRWIN
SHANNON PILCHER
DAN BRODSKY-CHENFELD
PAT MCGOWAN
KAI WOLF
ANDY DELK

These are 6 of the BEST 4 way and 8 way guys in the world. Just so everyone know who they are. Try looking at the 4 and 8 way results from this years nationals. The bottom 4 where on the 4 way and 8way teams from Perris. For someone to say that this camp will not be benifical is IMHO not very smart. Tunnel time AND real freefall in the same day! With 6 of the best flyers in the world! A founding member of Airspeed and the best of the rest! For Andy, Kai, Pat and Dan to train for just a few weeks before nationals and do what they did in 4 and 8 Way is awesome! Shannon and Chris aren't to shabby either! I will spend money to learn from these guys any day, any time! Well as long as I can come up with the money that is! BTW Emma this is not directed at you. More towards people who don't know these guys names!

Dom

Perris School Boys 4-way team; Dan Brodsky-Chenfeld, Andy Delk, Mike Kindsvater, Patrick McGowan, John Crowell (video).

Perris Vengeance 8-way team; Dan Brodsky-Chenfeld, Andy Delk, Eric Gin, Mike Kindsvater, Scott Latinis, Patrick McGowan, Ryan Smith, Kai Wolf, Carl Carpenter (video).

Understand that these aren't full time sponsored teams, but rather just some very experienced instructors and coaches getting together for a few jumps. The 8-way did train last year, but I don't think they trained at all this year except for a few warm up jumps at Lake Wales.

As for their ability to coach, unless you're posting scores higher than they are, y'all might wanna listen to what they have to say.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

BTW Emma this is not directed at you. More towards people who don't know these guys names!

Yeh, thanks, I know. But the funny thing is, I didn't thing there could be anyone who didn't know these guys' names...Well, not in the RW forum anyway...:S However - suits me, I haven't been able to reserve my slot yet, so all the better if the hoardes stay away while I try and remortgage my grandmother or something... :P

I try and remortgage my grandmother or something... :P

old people should be studied so we can determine which chemicals can be extracted from their bodies for our own personal use.

{{the quote might not be perfect, but see if you can figure out the context and show}}