rehmwa

Obsessive about 4-way?

The creeper thread has me thinking I should get either counselling or a medal - probably counselling.

What little tools and tidbits have you developed for your teams? I'd like to know.

Here's us:
Homemade creepers
Laminated 4-way and 8-way dive pool playing cards for practice
A spreadsheet to track which randoms and blocks we've practiced, launched. And how many times. Sortable by AAA, AA, etc. amongst many things
A spreadsheet to create a dive draw (since deleted because mr. Wagner just does much better programming and offers it on Omniskore.com)
A speadsheet to automatically score and handicap our regional league results through a season (this was a big deal since the modified Shugar handicap is a pain to calculate by hand)
My IC modified the Print Pool (omniskore.com) pictures to mirror those points to match our continuity plan. He also attempted to color code the people to match our plan but the software only works black and white for some reason.
Little guys to move around for dive engineering
We copied the GK dive plan videotape (big help on launches and positioning)
I made a booklet with all the Jack articles I could find
T-shirts and team logos for the last 2 years, stickers, etc. But we haven't tried to sell any yet.
2 of our campers are laid out to be super friendly to team debrief and video dubbing.

I think that's it and I also think each of these has helped in various ways to either the league or the team. Especially the 4way cards and the creepers.

What else has helped your teams?

thanks

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Dude.... that's like... totally normal.... (sorry... i don't really talk like that... I'm British goddam it)

I printed all the randoms off, colour coded, based on our jump suits, in the 'A' slots (and laminated them) We also use these to draw dives.

I have recently started coaching - and i have one of those artists wodden manequins to show the students body position.

I also thought about making a video to brief the students on each level of the WARP (UK RW) system, although i believe this has been done already.

It's just sooooo normal.

Not at all sad
-----------------------
Connextion: British 8 Way Team
www.bodyflight.co.uk
-----------------------

Dude.... that's like... totally normal.... (sorry... i don't really talk like that... I'm British goddam it)

I printed all the randoms off, colour coded, based on our jump suits, in the 'A' slots (and laminated them) We also use these to draw dives.

PHIL. Don't try and pretend to be normal. I don't think I noticed anyone else on the team printing off the randoms and colou coding them. And, if you remember, everyone took the piss out of you....;)

I have recently started coaching - and i have one of those artists wodden manequins to show the students body position.

Please - say it aint so?

Hi!

My 4-Way Team (Matrix FS) broke up last February, but I'm still an "addicted" to everything involving 4-Way FS!!!

Looking at the things your team developed, my team had as well most of them.

Initially, I used too the laminated 4-way dive pool playing pieces (in 4 different colors) for engineering practice.

Most of the things are still available an the Web, as I created a team's page at my web site, with a lot of links for dive pools, continuity plan, team's pics while performing, formation skydiving articles, etc..

Feel free to have a look at the following links:

4-Way "Matrix FS" Team's page
http://www.mariosantos.com/uk_us/matrix.htm

Formation Skydiving Articles
http://www.mariosantos.com/uk_us/articles.htm

Team's Pics
http://www.mariosantos.com/uk_us/matrix_photos.htm

Blue Skies! B|
-----------------------------
Mario Santos
Portugal

I don't think I noticed anyone else on the team printing off the randoms and colour coding them.

There was no need for more than one set... I share

And, if you remember, everyone took the piss out of you....

Surely not... and there was me thinking it was all good natured.... How short sighted of me...

Anyway - I don't care... it keeps me doing something skydive related whilst @ work.... You remember that don't you :S
-----------------------
Connextion: British 8 Way Team
www.bodyflight.co.uk
-----------------------

You sound pretty nornal to me. We used to creep in racket ball court to fake meets, mid week, becaues we could not get enough jumps.:S

Yeah, and during the season, I'd print out various dive draws and just engineer them for the hell of it over lunch.

And I definitely know where Mario's webpages are, lots of work went on in that mind.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Moved to Florida.
Joined the Army to try out for the GK's (Didn't work).
Live in a trailer at a DZ so I can train like hell.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I used to carry the 499 booklet around so it could look at it during traffic jams and long stop lights. Afew times i would get honked at for sitting at a green light. The Back ground on my computer is currently 8-way randoms a-g. :S ps are you going to eloy for Xmas? i just got my tickets last night.B|

Don't run out of altitude and experience at the same time...

ps are you going to eloy for Xmas? i just got my tickets last night.B|

Wouldn't that be cool? Probably not. We are saving for 2 tunnel camp trips instead (Nov and April). However, I'm looking to our locals at the end of the October month to see who wants to go. I can hope.

Actually, the Baldwin DZ is starting to have a ton of regulars (including newbies) going to the tunnel this winter. I'm hoping for a huge upsurge in 4-way competitors and an increase in the general skill levels. This might pay off better than a vacation in the long run.

Dude you live in Minnesota, I am sure you will be jonesin by Xmas. B| pps which tunnel??

It's no big deal to jump in the snow and cold - layers are important. I just need to work more California trips during the winter.

Nov camp is in Orlando - reserved, ticketed, reservations all done. Bringing the IC and our alternate along this time.

April camp is still being organized (Orlando, Perris, Jersey tunnels should all be running by then). So that's a toss up.

Obsessive about 4-way?

Uuuuummmm... YES.

-Moved to California (SoCal) from New York.
-Will not spend $2 on the brand name jelly for my PB&J's, but will spend $2000 on a weekend at the tunnel without blinking an eye.
-Had my boss sign a contract stating that I will be granted the week of US Nationals off as vacation time every year.
-GLADLY sold my soul to Skydive Elsinore. (Like I wouldn't be there every weekend anyway.)

I'm not obsessive about 4way. However, my boss is obsessive about our job, to point where he expects something he calls "working" to sometimes take precedence over my team. I suspect he is in cahoots with my landlord, who thinks I should "pay rent" with money that could be going to training jumps. Come to think of it, my parents and sister are a bit obsessive as well, wanting to "spend time together" on perfectly good training weekends. Thank God my SO doesn't cotton to any of that nonsense.
Mitch

I made a trip to Memphis last weekend. Can,t remember the last time i was on an airplane without a rig, either on me or in the overhead bin. Visited my parents and Elvis. I still have my house but I am looking for a roommate that pays in blue tickets or money that will be converted into jump tickets.B|

Don't run out of altitude and experience at the same time...