Blinky

'The search' what do you think?

I've got my FS1 and now the world's my oyster. Except there's only so much I actually know how to do! I'm off to Florida for Xmas and be a jump hog for 2 weeks and get a load of experience (and boy I CANNOT wait!). And I've put my application in for the Search IV. Has anyone got any experience of this? Is it as good as it looks or would my money be best spent on a tunnel camp or Airspeed/XL camp? It looks fantastic but I wonder what the general feeling is?B|

I went thru the first Search event. It's great! Tunnel Time was optional, but useful for practicing the RW skills learned during the day.

I went into the course w/ 35 jumps and came home from SD Sebastian w/ 70 (20 made during The Search). That summer I got to jump w/ 20-30 year experienced skydivers that thought I had over 400+ jumps based on RW skills.

I reccomend jumps over tunnel time, unless you're training for a specific goal. Jumping uses all of your skydiving skills, the tunnel focuses RW skill development.

Ken
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken