andym148

JFX V Velocity

Hi,

Could some one explain the difference between PD's Velocity, and NZ Aerosports JFX? Are Velo's more in line with JVX's of are they comparable to the JFX?

I'm looking at getting a new canopy, i do mostly team jumping and AFF jumps now a days. Getting back from a deep spot is a must, my Katana 107 i jump a the moment dives to much and i struggle to make it back when a friend gets back on his Velocity 111. I'm loading my Katana at around 1.75. I enjoy doing nice 90's in to land, but i want to learn to go round further and get more of a swoop at the bottom.

Anyone who has experience in either canopy, your thought's are welcome.

Andy.
At long last the light at the end of the tunell isnt an on coming train!!!

Ok I can only compare to a regular velo111 which i did 5 jumps on but i have just changed from a JFX83 loaded at 2.75 to a comp velo 90 loaded at 2.5.

Jfx will get you back from a long spot without problem.

I would say in my opinion a JFX is closer to a velo and a JVX is closer to a comp velo but as i said i haven't done enough jumps on a regular velo to be of much help really!

I will say though the JFX is a great canopy if you want awesome openings, an easy (in crossbraced terms) to fly canopy that will still swoop far and fast when you fly it right!

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I'd heard from other sources since posting the question that agree with what you said. I have to admit i'm very interested in getting a JFX....only drama is i would like to demo one first before buying just to make sure it's right for me. ;)

At long last the light at the end of the tunell isnt an on coming train!!!

Sorry I was just sending some email details via PM.

I've flown both, in various sizes and conditions.

The JFX has the nicest openings on any canopy i've ever flown. Reliable is how i'd describe her !

The recovery arc is shorter than a velocity, but it has more left in the rears and reminds me a little of a JVX in that respect. Head to head i'm not really sure which canopy is best. My suspicions lean more towards the Velo having the edge, but i've not jumped them back to back so it's difficult to be exact.

The JFX wasn't really designed to be a competition wing, the focus was openings and everyday use, your average AFF/camera flyer who wants to use a cross brace without the hassle of dealing with erratic openings. I've seen some very impressive pilots flying this wing, I can't knock it :-)

Both awesome canopies..

But if I had the money I would throw them after a JFX.. Mostly because I don't want to "swoop"..
It seemed to be more reliable in openings..

But the Velo felt like it wanted to swoop more..

Damn I the speed.. :S
If everything seems under control.. You're just not going fast enough..!