stayhigh

How about PD starts making their stuff with sail material???

How come PD don't make their stuff with sail material???

there are alot of people who will be interested in downsizing and buying a new canopy if they don't have to buy whole new container...

I need something that packs big!!

and can you imagine full sail Katana and Velos??? and its performance???
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

That was asked a few years ago when sail material JVXs just started to come out. I can't remember which person from PD it was, but basically they said they had looked at it and the PD R&D found problems with the sail material. Say what you want about PD, they test the hell out of something before they're willing to release it with their name on it.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Did they give any indication as to what was the problem? I'm trying to imagine what problems they found since I haven't heard of any problems with the JVX.

From canopypiloting.com;

New sail technology - June 24, 2008

Several years ago we found two JVXs made with our 1st generation sail material with slight wear issues on the top skin. This was do to the fact that these parachutes were wet we they were packed and then stored away. We didn't want to take any chances with this material so we decided to look for a even stronger and more durable sail material.

We have went through several generations of sail material since that time and now have our sail material built for us right on the same island as our factory in New Zealand. The new material resists water very well which makes the water bead up and roll right off the fabric!

New Zealand is 'a' world leader in sailing technology, it is nice to see a solution was only down the road, most of NZaerosports materials are usually ordered through the USA which can up the price, with fluctuating exchange rates.

it is inevitable that these 'sail' parachutes will get wet so it is a good job the problem was identified and resolved.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Several years ago we found two JVXs made with our 1st generation sail material with slight wear issues on the top skin. This was do to the fact that these parachutes were wet we they were packed and then stored away

I KNOW he is not talking about my JVX!