Sangi

Why Velocity is so popular?

I'd also like to add the the paragliding development cycle is much faster then ours. The major manufactures refresh their entire line every 2 to 3 years. There are also more wing manufactures in their world then the skydiving industry. All though It is alot cheaper to send people up a hill to fly all day to test new ideas then burn a bunch of dead dinosaurs. They also don't seem to be as caught up in the liability trap that skydiving companies use as an excuse not to bring new tech to the market. The ram air wing may have started in skydiving but they don't wait on us to advance the tech. In just a few years their speed flying wings have gone from almost straight copies of stilettos and sprigos to cross braced wings in a variety of plan forms and line trim/lengths to suit several different styles of flying.

you are wrong. of course the utilize crossbraced designs.
paragliders are where it's at. i've jumped some small and fast canopys but never had the feeling of power and respect than under paragliders.
you should do it, the feeling of power and a real effective wing above you is just great.
same goes for speedfliers.

I will try a speedflying canopy, but will not own one, paragliders do not use front riser input so that has not been alowed for in thier trim, paragliders have more performance yes but they ar elarger and have more cells.

Different kettle of fish.

and acro wings are just outright scary.
but as someone said before....they don't have to open.

and thy dont have to be packed into a small container!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix