countzero

canopy coaching cost ?

i know germain, miller, ect. type courses cost a certain amount.

but i'm interested in the cost of basic canopy coaching on a more individual/ local level.

like if i want to learn more RW, FF, or CRW skills it cost the coaches jumps plus pack jobs.

is canopy coaching charged the same way?
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

I think one of the issues of local canopy coaching is that we lack a specific curriculum when it comes to coaching for potential canopy piloting coaches. I would love to see the Germains and the Millers provided more coaching to the canopy pilots so they can become local canopy control coaches instead of teaching the people directly. This way we can get more help out to more people.

I know people have talked in the past about bringing in a canopy coaching rating to the USPA (and hopefully other governing organizations), but unless I am mistaken we are not there yet.

I have no problem talking to people locally about what I have learned in regards to canopy piloting, but I don't think I should be charging people a fee since I have never been formally trained (at least not yet) as a canopy control coach.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

i know germain, miller, ect. type courses cost a certain amount.

but i'm interested in the cost of basic canopy coaching on a more individual/ local level.

like if i want to learn more RW, FF, or CRW skills it cost the coaches jumps plus pack jobs.

is canopy coaching charged the same way?

Canopy coaching is generally done more from the ground, so there are usually no jumps involved for the coach. ie: classroom discussion, then set up some target jumps, then student does the jumps and instructor observes and videos, then debrief the videos back in the classroom.

I usually just change $5 per jump to cover cost of camera wear & tear + time. I've done basic training such as how to improve accuracy, improving flare technique, or learning basic swooping techniques. For more specific training such as advanced swooping, you'd need to seek more specialized coaching and the price would typically go up as a result.

What are you wanting to work on?

II know people have talked in the past about bringing in a canopy coaching rating to the USPA (and hopefully other governing organizations), but unless I am mistaken we are not there yet.

The USPA might not be there but in the UK we have now had the Canopy Handling (CH) Coach and Canopy Piloting (CP) coach qualifications for a while now (at least 2-3 years).

Can't tell you what the criteria are since I am not either and am too lazy to find the ops manual online right now, but to get your AFFI rating, you have to be a CH coach.

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

I think one of the issues of local canopy coaching is that we lack a specific curriculum when it comes to coaching for potential canopy piloting coaches.

There's a complete basic canopy control course outline in the SIM. There's nothing there that would stop anybody who thinks they have the knowledge and skill to pass the information on from taking that outline and putting on a course locally.

It's been there for a couple years now... With all the hot, broke canopy pilots out there you'd think basic canopy control courses would be available everywhere...

I would love to see the Germains and the Millers provided more coaching to the canopy pilots so they can become local canopy control coaches instead of teaching the people directly.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Actually i know of a couple canopy coaches that have sat in on both of there course for that purpose. All they did was let Germain and Miller know that that was there intent, to learn to teach better.
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!