AggieDave

2008 US Master Calendar

There's really not a master calendar anywhere listing competition locations and dates. Even better if as events get announced if a it could be updated with links or contact information for registration, etc. There is some information on the other site, but it seems like the information is still scattered about and not organized together.

It still early in the season, but there are some of us that have to plan well in advance due to having to put in for time off well in advance.

Are there any competition dates for 2008 released yet? Is there anyway that a thread could be made sticky with the master list of comps in the US and updated as they become available?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

US Nationals, CO - August 31st to Sept 1st.
PST finals, CO - just prior to Nats
CPC finals, CO - prior to PST

I know the last 2 are vague but we'll edit them when official dates are known. Also, feel free to add the local swoop meets to this calendar (along with location).
Performance Designs Factory Team

FLCPA Meet #1 Feb 9th- LakeWales
FLCPA Meet #2 March 8th- Skydive Palatka
FLCPA Meet #3 April 12- Skydive Sebastian
FLCPA Meet #4 May 17- Tallahassee
FLCPA Meet #5 June 14- Skydive the Farm
US Nationals, CO - August 31st to Sept 1st.
PST finals, CO - just prior to Nats
CPC finals, CO - prior to PST

I know FLCPA is amatuer meets, but based on the response I'm getting, they are looking like they may be some of the biggest meets this year.
Watch out for planters.

Yes, we have separate sets of gates for Pros.

Why do you think you no longer a Pro in PST? How would he be able to revoke what you've earned or are otherwise qualified for?
SoFPiDaRF - School of Fast Progress in Downsizing and Radical Flying. Because nobody knows your skills better than you.

Pros can and do compete at these meets. Quite a few of them. There is a handicap system in place which let's the pros and amatuers compete side by side. Last year Isaiah, Scott roberts,Kaz, Tommy D, Johnny Zulianni, Chris Hayes, marat to name a few. This year all those and more, stu shoenfeld, Ian Drennan, Tyler Lawson, Brian Mcnenny.

Rumors of chuck Owen, Joey day, junior, and Noah from the Atlanta area are yet confirmed.

Let me know when your coming down!

Al
Watch out for planters.

I am sure it already crossed your mind, but may be if there are more then 5 Pros at any given comp - have a separate class for us and a separate score card?

Also, since Pros dont compete for the money in CPC... how about each of us throwing 50 bucks into a prize pool? Then first place takes all. Just to make it a little more interesting :) I gotta get my lunch money back from Beek, Craig and Chris Watkins.

Last year Pro's didnt get any money, I took Tommy's 100 bucks for a 3rd place.

Event if they did, still not a bad idea to increase that miniature prize pool. And even a better one to have separate score cards if enough Pros show up. I think Chris wanted to do that at one of the meets last year too.

Can Pro's compete in the FLCPA meets? I would like to stay "current" for the European tour this season.

Or would it even matter for me, since I'm no longer a "pro" in the PST?

Thanks

K

did you mean professional or prostitute???

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

How many other "disavowed" swoopers are there at this point

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

Here's a list of swoop events to be held at Skydive Chicago for 2008:

Swoop Club, Sunday, April 20th
CPC, Saturday, May 17th
Swoop Clup, Sunday, May 18th
Swoop Club, Sunday, June 15th
CPC, Saturday, June 21st
CPC, Saturday, July 12th
Swoop Club, Sunday, July 13th
CPC, Saturday, August 9th
Swoop Club, Sunday, August 17th
Swoop Club, Sunday, September 7th
Swoop Club Championships, Sunday, September 28th

The Swoop Club meets consist of only 3 jumps per meet and are not on the pond. The course will usually be one of the three CPC events or something different involving kicking noodles for points or something else. Swoop Club is a more relaxed comp geared toward introducing newer or less experienced swoopers to competition.

CPC meets consist of 6 jumps, 3 different events, held over the swoop pond.

It should be happening, I've been getting on Todd's ass to get the schedule done. There will probably only be 3-4 events and it won't start until the end of April or in May. I'll try to get Todd to actually do something about it this weekend. If he won't then maybe I'll just set the schedule and tell him what it is and to do it.

Do have a decent off DZ comp pond off the DZ that we could use near SDD or around Doc's place? I'm trying to get him to have everything over water this year. PM me or e-mail me dirtbagswooper-at-gmail.com
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."