RickyGood

JVX Hybrid openings

With original slider my JVX 87 loaded at 2.65 opens very well, much softer then my VX-97 with RDS or VX-111 with domed slider.

I found that keeping the nose straight (no pushing it in on the sides of the slider or anything at all, just perfectly straight with the well quartered slider) results in the best on heading openings.

Today i had to dump 2 seconds after transitioning to my belly from a sit, so from deployment speed a little higher then desired it still opened very nicely.

Hey ricky you beat me to it I was going to ask the same thing!

my hybrid84 will be here in a few days.

Hows ya million jumps a month treating you? have you had the weather?

When do you get yours?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Do you use an RDS mark?

and how different to the ZP model is it in performance?

i can't sleep at the moment! i just want it to arrive!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I am using an rds, but I am leaving the bag on top still. just the removable slider.

as compared to the zp model, I notice more shutdown power. I also notice a little more power in the rears. I have had problems with my neck, so I only have about 25 jumps on it so far. I was going to compete with it this past weekend at the PD challenge, but the combo of having a hurt neck and being out of a job at the moment kept me from going.

what I expect, is that the performance will stay with the canopy over a longer period of time, but will have to let time pass to see if that is true.

Poly Sana(i'm sorry in Swahili) about your neck.

Which type of RDS are you using? and why dont you want the bag and P/C to come off?
do you notice much difference between the stock slider and the rds?

whos joe?

can i get one? I was told that rigging concepts make the best rds for a JVX?
is that Joe?

I think maybe you meant para concepts. I have one for an all zp jvx. works nice.

http://para-concepts.com/Store/popup_image.php?pID=33

rm

opens really nice. not slow and not hard is the best way i can describe it.

doesnot snivel for as long as the velo but is still soft. tends to be much less seaking than any crossbraced i have jumped.

i also jump a full RDS on everyjump and i got my RDS from Joe and mel