swoopinmav

Why do I get better hooks from my toggles?

Hey,
I have only recently started jumping my velo but find I get much better swoops when initiating it from a toggle imput rather than yanking on the fronts can anyone shed any light on this? Been jumping the crossfire2 until about 100 jumps ago and that was sweet using fronts, has taken a while to figure out the new ride but don't understand why. I like to know the mechanics behind the ride so would appreciate those in the know letting the cat out of the bag so to speak.
;)

rather than yanking on the fronts

As Shimmel says "get coaching" since none of us are "yanking" on our fronts. Our fronts are one of several tools which we use towards getting our canopies to dive.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Hey,
I have only recently started jumping my velo but find I get much better swoops when initiating it from a toggle imput rather than yanking on the fronts can anyone shed any light on this? ;)

Yanking on the risers is not the way to get speed. When you're above 2,000 ft try pulling down on a front riser and keeping it down for a few seconds. You'll pick up a lot more speed than if you were to do a quick yank. Of course this is very dangerous near the ground, so like everyone else said, get some coaching. Trial and error is painful :)

Hey,
I have only recently started jumping my velo but find I get much better swoops when initiating it from a toggle imput rather than yanking on the fronts can anyone shed any light on this? Been jumping the crossfire2 until about 100 jumps ago and that was sweet using fronts, has taken a while to figure out the new ride but don't understand why. I like to know the mechanics behind the ride so would appreciate those in the know letting the cat out of the bag so to speak.
;)

The recovery arc of the velo really takes some getting used to at first.
Coming from a 9cell elliptical you will think you are too high when you come off the risers but something like two seconds later you are entering the sweet spot for your swoop. Practice.

As people have mentioned it's more about a build up of speed and then a very long recovery than a quick snap like you get from toggles.

With your jump numbers you shouldn't need to be reminded which is safer.

rather than yanking on the fronts

I think you answered your own question

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants