airborne82nd

Ok what canopy should i buy from this list

I preferred my Hurricane over the XF2 in all regards except for opening. Mine never did open softly but otherwise it was a great canopy.

No complaints here with my openings, really soft. Although I dont load it heavily, at all.

Nitron 150 - these 2 are both the same thing. im not really impressed with the nitro-nitron

They're not "exactly" the same thing, but the Nitron is a Precision Aerodynamics copy of the Nitro. There are a few subtle but important differences.

But as to your comment, just exactly how many jumps on a Nitro have you made that leads you to comment you're not impressed with it? Is your profile correct? (It says 50 jumps and B license) If not, what is your experience level and I would be very interested in your basis for that remark.

If you really sit down and think about it there aren't really any crap canopies out there these days. Think of it like your playing a racing game on your xbox. As you scroll through the cars and you have 5 bars representing different trates of each. Some are faster but have week handling. Some have massive top end speed but need a miles to get to it. They are all good but you have to pick the one that caters to your stile. Honda Fit or Ford GT?

My point is that if you compare modern canopies they all have their trades in speed, twitchy-ness or response to input, recovery arc, riser preasure, wing distortion, and the list goes on and on. Now if you don't sit down and analyze what you want and then hop on the next new thing you are probably going to be disapointed. If your expecting a Velocity and hop on a Sabre2 you will not be impressed.

A Nitro is a great canopy in fact its only one of two that I have jumped outside the PD family. I only had if for a few weeks of demo-ing but I really liked the all around package. I ultimatley went with something a little faster but thats not a knock on the Nitro its just different than what I wanted. If I had discovered it a little earlier in my progression it may have replaced the Sabre2s I came up on.
--------------------------------------------------
"But I'm Just doin what I have to do to survive"-MM

That is a very good analogy, Joe. It echoes my sentiments exactly. Often jumpers will ask me "why should I buy a Nitro? Tell me what's good about it?" I will never try to "sell" a canopy. I want to make sure that what we offer is exactly what a customer is looking for, so unless a jumper is totally happy about the performance for their flying style then I would rather them jump a competitor's product. I feel that I have 100% customer satisfaction for that reason. Just as our current magazine ads imply, it really is a shame there are so many lemmings when it comes to choosing equipment.