CanopyPiloting

CPC non X Braced Competition

Hi gang............I am flying in to Atlanta Thursday night at 8pm and wondering some stuff:

Any game plans for sleeping yet?
(*I know - what is that....*)?
Who's tenting? Renting hotels?
Anyone flying in or going to be in the area and want a stow away? I'm leaving Monday morning at 9am and will be begging for a ride back to ATL also. :)

Hope to see lots of ya there - especially girls. Come on girls, claim some spots. ;)

xo, Denise

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

I've got all sorts of offers and options with the sleeping part now...B|......although nothing has been set in stone.

What I REALLY need help with is getting from Atlanta (near the airport) out TO the Farm Friday morning. I'm not worried, the details will sort themselves out - I am just VERY excited to be a total Jim Slaton Sponge that weekend.

See everyone soon

Hey D

it will be good to see you there. its been a long time since the old gang was all together. Me you ian katie and the likes.

Ian and i will be doing some training jumps and helping anyone we can. keep your eyes to the sky! and watch out for lamp posts!

Paul

Details: Jim Slaton and the Canopy Piloting Circuit is running a non x braced swoop competition and swoop camp at Skydive the Farm March 23-26, 2006. This one of a kind swoop competition is being held as a test event for the Canopy Piloting Circuit. The competition will be for pilots competing with Non cross braced canopies like Crossfire, Katana, Safire, Sabre, Samurai, Lotus, etc. The competition will consist of three rounds of distance and accuracy. Pilots can participate in the competition, swoop camp or both. Jim Slaton will give daily seminars and provide onsite coaching. There are only 30 slots available for this event.

DAY ONE: Jim will conduct seminars on the swooping community, the CPC structure and the PST. Jim will also talk about canopy selection and wing loading. In addition, there will be discussions on the basic set up and practice.

DAY TWO: Discussions on building your sight picture through visual awareness during the set up with practice. High altitude performance drills and more practice.

DAY THREE: Non X Braced Competition and performance training. There will be three rounds of Distance and three rounds of Accuracy. Day four will be used for weather day if needed.

DAY FOUR: Jim will discuss some tips and tricks from the competition circuit and basic course strategy.

Hmmm...........would it mean I get the sexual gratification I'm assuming a sponge of that nature gets simply because of it's plan in life?
HA HA HA.........

.......I'm not going to start making jokes like that. I want you boys to take me seriuosly in my endeavor to become a bad ass swooper chick! Only way that will happen is with all your help........

So do people stay at hotels when visting the Farm or what? I'm still in the search of my ride from Atlanta to wherever the farm is Friday morning. Anyone heading that way? I'm a morning person.......I'll be all the Red Bull you need to get your day started. ;)

jeshe - wonder if my 1,000th jump will be at a camp under my canopy all by myself .........:)...not a bad thing - my canopy is my passion these days.

hey Jim,

I was thinking, what if someone wants the camp, "and they fly a crossbraced" but dont want to compete, will you allow that if you have the room available?

Yes, they could join the camp and I may even give them some added material but keep in mind that the seminars/coaching I will give at this camp will be for rookie and advanced level pilots flying a non X braced canopy. The CPC Swoop Camp...

First, it is designed for pilots wanting to start doing HP approaches and landings.

Second, it is for pilots wanting to get into the CPC (amateur swoop competitions).

Third, it is for experienced pilots who have not yet got onto a X braced canopy.

Fourth, it is for pilots who have not had a chance to compete in a competition.

I'm thinking about joining all of you on friday night for this...with Katie and Dee that makes three chicks. I'll know as soon as Jim emails me back saying I have a slot....

:)
Brie
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

I'm thinking about joining all of you on friday night for this...with Katie and Dee that makes three chicks. I'll know as soon as Jim emails me back saying I have a slot....

:)
Brie

you got a slot brie, you can take my word for it if you don't hear from jim. or you can call hans.

it will most def. be over water, not sure how jim is wanting to set it up, but I suspect it will be similar, probably deeper out in the water. and yes the gates will be 10 ft, he may be bringing the flags for it though, so it wont be the same course.