webracer

HP Canopy camp Lake Wales, FL

Wittenburg and I (along with great help from Jay Moledski) have arranged to get the cessna for tach time at Lake Wales on the following dates: Dec. 27,28,29 -2005 and Jan. 2,3,4,5 -2006. It looks like we will have a few extra slots, and this is the deal:
We are setting up at the pond, packing at the pond and loading at the pond. You must commit to either or both sessions (at least 3 days), and commit to at least 20 jumps per day.
Jay Moledski will be on site for coaching. All loads will fly to at least 4500 AGL. We are sharing tach time on a special reduced-price deal, which means that the more jumps we make (faster turn-around), the cheaper it is per jump. We figure as low as $8/h&p. We plan to fly a min. of 60 loads/day (that's 20 per participant on 3 load rotation).
Max participants is 12, so if you would like to join in, email me soon. We will require a $100 deposit for each session to hold your slot (and protect the other participants).
We will also have video for extra cost.
As you can see, this is a great deal. You don't have to actually swoop, if you would just like to work on canopy piloting, you can do that as well (landing next to the pond).
Jay Moledski will be available for coaching at both sessions if you require/desire it.
This is an exciting opportunity to advance our sport and show precedent for our committment to safe, high-performance flight.
I am sure we will fill up, so make your plans as early as possible and let me know.
I will keep participant names/confirmations up to date on the group setup for this purpose. It is: groups.mac.com/sdcswoopingclub
Troy

I am now free to exercise my downward mobility.

Minimum number of jumps?
I want to do a hp canopy course, but I do not know if I this is a course for anyone or a course for people who are already experienced in swooping.
If you want to get coaching how much will it be?

There is no minimum # of jumps, you can land next to the pond. You do have to be able to pack (or pay for a packer) and keep up with the pace of about 3 loads/hour. Coaching will be available, but it is not the best place to try new things, it is better to improve on things you've been working on for a while. Most people attending will have over 1000 jumps though.
Troy

Sorry to ask that much questions, but I am really interested. If I go I will be able to do it on the 3 days of December andI can pack and keep up the pace of the 3 loads per hour.

How much for each load?
You said there was a minimum of jumps per day you had to make?
Who will be doing the coachin if I wanted to do it?
How much for the coaching?
How many spots do you have?
How many in the group?
Finally, do you recomend for someone who is learning to do 90 degree turns into landing to swoop to attend this canopy camp, or do suggest other wise?

Javip:
Most of the answers to your questions are in the original post.

How much for each load is impossible to answer, but expect $8 or $9 for 4500' AGL
You should plan on 20 jumps minimum per day, up to 30 if you like
Jay Moledski will be there coaching, as for price, that has to be worked out with him, and he is very fair, and a very good coach. I use him personally, and I am tough to teach.
Twelve spots per session (first session already has 6 confirmed, one deposit pending, and three more tenative, but first come-first serve, the first deposits I get are who is participating.
Sure, even doing 90s, this will get you jumping alot. That's at least 60 landings in three days, more jumps than many make in a year. Video will be available as well. You may want one-on-one coaching also, and you may bring your own coach. Jay is also available for this.
Other canopy you work you probably need is HAHO (from normal Skydiving altitudes). You learn about your canopy by flying it. And flying it relative to a coach helps you learn fast.
Hope this helps. Again, ask to join the group I setup for this event and others: go to http://groups.mac.com/sdcswoopingclub
You have to go to the group to request joining, then I can approve it. I wish it worked another way, but it does not. I'll have my website up early next year for this type of stuff.
Troy

I'm a bit confused. What constitutes a "Session?" 1 day (20 jumps), or 3 days (Dec 27-29, 60 jumps)/ 4 days (80 jumps.)

I am going to be in Wales Dec 27-29 for Collegiates. I will be competing for the first day or two, but I could definately commit to 20 jumps on the 29th (weather permitting.) Would it be possible to commit to a 1 day session?
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

Not unless somebody gets hurt or gives up their day. A Session is three days (or four days in the case of the January session).
There are quite a few people in collegiates who have expressed interest in doing the same as you, and you'll just have to check with us there to see if space is available.
Troy

BECAUSE PEOPLE DONT KNOW HOW TO READ I THOUGHT I WOULD ASK A QUESTION OF MY OWN...
IF IM IN A BIG PILE OF POOP.....HOW DO I GET OUT?????[

LOL... great question! Even better because it's your first post ever. :D Depends whether you're inside the rectum, or already squeezed out the sphincter. More info needed. :P

But to keep the thread on topic... sounds like a great idea. However, I know I would be quite sick of packing by the end of this camp. :S It's a great deal for only $8 a jump, though...hmmm

Cheers!

--Jairo
Low Profile, snag free helmet mount for your Sony X3000 action cam!

Troy!!!

What is up Dude?

Guess what? I am going to be in Lake Wales the 26th thru the 29th with some friends for that canopy skills camp so I will get to see you!!!

I am not sure when we what date we are leaving Florida (we are driving down from Missouri on Monday the 26th). You and I will have to catch up over a beer for sure! I would be participating in the camp if I didn't still suck. I am really starting to want to learn though. My swoop friends just got me all hooked up with the little bungy ball on my reserve flap so I can completely collapse my slider and I am starting to learn to fly the hell out of my 120 Stiletto with a 107 waiting in a 2nd rig for me. I am really only just starting to learn though and I listen to my canopy mentors. You will meet them all, look out for Nick Batsch, Robert Cook and Brian Kurzawa. I am more or less around for the ride and I may be their packing bitch for a day to help them make those 60 hop n pops Whew B|

What is going on that week at the DZ? Any specialty aircraft for the Christmas Boogie? Any info on the Christmas Boogie?

See ya in Florida!!! ;)
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

The following is a list of participants and status (confirmed means deposit is in hand)
Remember max participants per session (this one is 3 days) is 12 persons.

1. Troy Church (confirmed) PH: 815.955.5338
2. Mike Wittenburg (confirmed)
3. Jake Diliberto (confirmed)
4. Robert Cook (confirmed)
5. Nick Batsch (confirmed)
6. Brian Kurzawa (confirmed)
7. Javier Pacheco (confirmed)
8. Martin S. (confirmed)
9. Billy Ricard (confirmed)
10. John Zagoda (confirmed)
11. Mike Olivella (tenative)
12. Adrian Hart (tenative)

As you can see, the twelve spots are spoken for, although we only have confirmation on 10 slots. First deposits get the remaining 2 slots.
Troy

Hey is that number 8 guy Martin Smith? Or that Polish kid from Z Hills and your just afraid to try and spell his last name. I am pretty sure its only got one vowel and 485 letters in it. hahahha Have fun guys with Wittenburg involved not sure how you cant. Just wish I owned two rigs and was not a candy ass! No Jamie on the list hmmmm.

Yep, it is Martin S1tu4-pq9t8uy4-9jtqat4wp0. I won't even try to spell it.
We're gonna have a blast. You should come do the second session (Jan 2,3,4,5). You don't need two rigs, there will be time to pack.
Troy
Troy