superstu

cpc championship schedule

could someone do me a favor and post the cpc championships schedule that is posted on cp.com, my work computer won't let me get onto cp.com or else i would do it my self (i think it's time i found new work). thanks
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

It looks like the schedule can be found at the following URL:

http://www.milehiskydiving.com/gofastchallenge/

I'm a little confused, though. Will the Standard class be competing with the Pro class? And if you are in the Standard class which days must you attend? Just Tuesday and Wednesday?

The way I read it, there are not going to be any "regular" courses setup at Pro height (5 footers). There will only be Standard category courses in the "regular" events for CPC competitors. Pros have a choice of several entirely different events to compete in. Dirt-water-dirt; carving accuracy, etc.

Chuck

The CPC Championship is totally seperate from the GoFast! Challenge even though they are taking place at the same location and at the same time. The CPC Championships is only for the Amateur pilots who have finished in the top five in their district.

The CPC Championships will include a Speed, Accuracy & Distance event with all 10ft gates. The amateur pilots compete on the same courses they use during the season in their district. Highligts of the championships include:

1) $5,000 cash purse to top three winners
2) Three large glass championship trophies
3) Champion to recieve "Pro" card
4) Local TV and Pro Swooper Radio Show onsite

The 2005 CPC Championships T-shirts are available for viewing at http://www.canopypiloting.com/cpcchampshirts.htm

Jim,
Will this count as currency for the pilots who haven't got to compete this year yet ? To keep our pro rating current is what I meant .

Joe

not if i smoke your ass again.B|

im sure you will be fine joe... us youngins look up to ya!;)

The GoFast Challenge is not scheduled as a Pro Swooping Tour "points" meet. The last points meet is the U.S. Nationals of canopy piloting.

From http://www.proswoopingtour.tv

2.8 RE-CERTIFICATION: Canopy pilots who are "Pro" qualified and do not accumulate any performance points within a twelve month period will be required to re-certify. These pilots must request a re-certification test from the Pro Swooping Tour. Pro pilots who fail the re-certification will be required to return to the CPC amateur League and earn a Pro slot at the CPC Championships.

The GoFast Challenge is not scheduled as a Pro Swooping Tour "points" meet. The last points meet is the U.S. Nationals of canopy piloting.

From http://www.proswoopingtour.tv

2.8 RE-CERTIFICATION: Canopy pilots who are "Pro" qualified and do not accumulate any performance points within a twelve month period will be required to re-certify. These pilots must request a re-certification test from the Pro Swooping Tour. Pro pilots who fail the re-certification will be required to return to the CPC amateur League and earn a Pro slot at the CPC Championships.

Do what? I have already bought and paid for my tickets to this meet and was absolutely under the impression that this was going to count as a PST "currency" meet. I even said as much to you on the phone last night Jim and you did not correct me. I am not going to Nationals; this is the only meet I can make. You need to rethink that position.

Chuck

I'm no pro, so this doesn't affect me...but I agree with Chuck. Any competition listed as a PST event and using the pro course set up should earn some points toward currency. The points don't have to go toward PST season standings...that I could understand. But why wouldn't they count as performance points? He's still performing in a Pro class competition.

Just my $.02 on the subject.

im not pro either. but im sure as hell going to get in on some of the pro events.:)

Getting your butt kicked at the CPC level isn't enough for you? Now you're gonna let pro folks kick your ass! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy! B|

At least you take a beating well.

PS Try to keep your drivers license and plane ticket with you this time!

Someone hasn't done their home work...

Who gave you that impression? You told me you were going to Denver, you did not ask me if it was a "points" meet. Did you see it scheduled on the Pro Swooping Tour website?

The Gofast! Challenge is not, nor has it ever, been on the PST schedule this year. You need to make sure you check out the website more at http://www.proswoopingtour.tv We cannot just make comps "points" meets at the end of the year so a few guys can earn points or get current. Now, if the Gofast Challenge would have been created prior to the schedule coming out in Jan, then yes, it would have probably been a PST points meet.

Good news is that Karine will be at CPC Championships/Gofast! Challenge so she can check you out and sign you off for a re-certify. Can't wait to see all of you out there in Denver...

Can't wait to see all of you out there in Denver...

We can't wait to see you guys here (this includes you Chuck) ... We're good, but we're only amateurs. I can't wait to see what the best of the best can do here at altitude.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over