jeffmarmus

How do I wash my container

There has been more then one thread about this in the past, do a quick search and you'll find a lot of information.

The short verison is to actually wash your rig, you're going to have to pull everything out, disconnect the main, reserve, pull the cypress out, all the handles out, then soak/clean it, then have a rigger put it all back together for you.

In the end, if you want it "washed" I'd recommend pulling the main out and taking it to a rigger, checkbook in hand.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

In the end, if you want it "washed" I'd recommend pulling the main out and taking it to a rigger, checkbook in hand.

Shoot, don't bring it to me I don't want to mess with it either.;)

If your comfortable disassembling the rig, follow the RW instructions. If not, have the rigger disassemble it, then take it home to wash. Make sure you get all of the soap out. I had one come back kind of sticky with soap residue. I prefer my customers let me disassemble it. Then I know it's not damaged during the disassembly and its easier for me to put back together. For my regular customers I do things like this free (dissassembly), since its really for my convenience. Try to dry the hardware right away. It will take several days to completely dry. Put it in front of a house fan (no heat) to help with the drying. Oh, and don't lay it in the sun to dry.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

I don't know how dirty your rig is, but a buddy of mine brought his into a dry cleaner to ask how to clean it. They suggested getting a bottle of Shout which is a stain remover and squirting a fair amount into a bowl of warm water. Dip a soft brush into the the liquid and begin to brush away yesterday's shame stain. Watch the fabric as you clean it. If you begin to get fuzzies stop.

This meathod doesn't require much money although time and effort are involved and if you're as lazy as me that's worst than losing money. But I've seen old grass and mud stains disappear. Mine was on black and royal blue codura and his was on bright red parapack.

Hope that helps.

"Five days? But I'm angry now!"

IMO There is actually no need to wash the container, its kinda waist of time, money and can wear the fabric

If you jump in a desert area like I do the sand that gets in the material can wear the fabric and webbing worse than washing once a year or so. [:/] Derek has washed 4 rigs in the past 3 months (one of which was only a year old) had so much sand and dirt in it you couldn't see the bottom of the tub in 4 inches of water.
Fly it like you stole it!