Squeak

Canopy comparisons????

Would someone be able to tell me what the characteristic differences are between
Icarus, OMEGA
Performance Designs SABRE 2
Aerodyne Research TRIATHALON
They all "look" to be similar in design do they handle in a similar manner??
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Squeak

I'm currently jumping a Triathlon (loaded at about 1.07:1) and I would say it's a very good canopy for new skydivers. It's easy to fly, I standup virtually all of my landings and it's easy to pack.

But any day now I will be taking possession of a PD Sabre 2 (loaded at about 1.24:1) and initially I will only be using it during higher wind scenarios and when I jump at lower altitudes, but eventually it will become my #1 canopy and I will sell the Triathlon. Now I am definitely looking forward to the higher performance capabilities of the Sabre 2, but it will be harder to pack.

Another alternative to the Triathlon is the PD Spectre. It's a very similar 7 cell ZP design, except that the Spectre is harder to pack due to PD's slippier ZP fabric. But the Spectre is a nice canopy (I've flown rental versions and was happy with it). I just went with the Triathlon because I got a good price and it is easier to pack (a good thing when you're learning how to pack).

Hope this helps. :$

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over