skyhighkiy

Just a story of my accomplishments in landing :)

Very good point actually and can be answered as simply as, why do you think aerobatic planes are usually bi planes? ***

Do you mean: Why do you think most aerobatic planes have symmetrical airfoils?

actually I think all of them have symetrical airfoils but most of them are bi-planes. In anycase apparently we have some experts here, who need to contact some flight schools with their new information. According to them Bernouli's principal is a crock. After all planes can supposedly fly backwards. I guess when the otters move in reverse its through majic that this is accomplished. Not by spinning the props in the opposite direction and that applying Bernouli's principal in the opposite direction.
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

Actually I think all of them have symetrical airfoils but most of them are bi-planes. In anycase apparently we have some experts here, who need to contact some flight schools with their new information. According to them Bernouli's principal is a crock. After all planes can supposedly fly backwards.

A Cessna 152 Aerobat has the same wing as a Cessna 152. A Citabria has a conventional airfoil (more-or-less flat on the bottom, curved on top), and a Decathlon has a "semi-symmetrical" airfoil.

I flown inverted in gliders, too: I used to instruct in an ASK-21 and SZD50-3. (The inverted glide ratio isn't very good, though.) As long as the angle of attack is sufficient, the airfoil can be quite inefficient and still generate lift. Come to think of it, even a stalled wing produces some lift: in a spin, both wings are stalled, but one is stalled more than the other.

Actually, airplanes will fly backwards, just not very well. The problem isn't Bernoulli's principle (or Bernouli)(or principal), it's that the positions of the control surface hinges make it difficult for a pilot to overcome the leverage advantage of the backward-moving air.

I'll be contacting local flight schools to see what can be done about the sad state of aerodynamic understanding in the world today.

Mark

This is one of those threads that reminds us all how stupid message boards can be. This has gone through like six topics and has been a petty argument the whole way.

Why don't you all go on the roof...

...and fall.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

I'm going to sound like Ron here,

:o Please report to the loft at Zhills immediately for your beating. We can only deal with one Ron at a time. Bad! Bad man! :D

I hang my head in shame......;)

I'll take the beating though B|

Please call Paul Rossouw a dutchman for me and tell him I'll see him in Deland next week :)
Blues,
Ian

Yo biotch dutchman here. look forward to deland myself make sure you wash your hair before you get there this time !!

This is one of those threads that reminds us all how stupid message boards can be. This has gone through like six topics and has been a petty argument the whole way.

Why don't you all go on the roof......and fall.

Agreed. Many horses have been beat to death in the forming of this epic thread. The end.

Chuckie