speedy

Competition line set for Velocity

Do anyone know if it's possible to order a competition line set for my velocity? Or are they reserved just for the PD demo team?

I have looked on the PD web site but there is no mention of the line set there :(
Dave

Fallschirmsport Marl

No, not yet you can't. In the very-near future you will be able to order a competiton Velo with an RDS and HMA though. Hopefully, when that is released you will be able to send yours back for retrofit. If you are not willing to wait, you can send your canopy down to MEL at Skyworks in Chester, SC and he will install you a set anytime you like. He and Joe Bennet put together a set of 330 HMA for Joe's Velo right before Wildwood.

His number is:803-377-2705

Chuck

Thanks for the info. What is "very near futrue"? Weeks or months?

I already have an RDS. It's just the line set I'm after.
I have heard that they are 16" longer than the original set. I have a rigger that can fit them as well.
Dave

Fallschirmsport Marl

Will this include an E-line (or equiv.) as well?

-Rory

No, not yet you can't. In the very-near future you will be able to order a competiton Velo with an RDS and HMA though. Hopefully, when that is released you will be able to send yours back for retrofit. If you are not willing to wait, you can send your canopy down to MEL at Skyworks in Chester, SC and he will install you a set anytime you like. He and Joe Bennet put together a set of 330 HMA for Joe's Velo right before Wildwood.

His number is:803-377-2705

Chuck

You be the king and I'll overthrow your government. --KRS-ONE

I doubt it. I am not a fan of E-line mods as they lull you into thinking it's OK to dig out of a corner on rears. On that note though, Joe Bennet's canopy has a really neat line mod which really helps out in today's earlier-transition-back-to-toggles distance runs. It's a sort of reverse e-line that deflects the D-lines down with the tail after you pull a certain distance on the toggles. MUCH more "popping" and stopping power, but at the cost of heavier toggle pressure. MEL does that mod as well.

Is there any one that you know of using the E mod on Vx's or the reverse e mod on the VX's? I mainly fly the VX, but I purchased a velocity for the better openings to fly camera with. I'm not super fond of the velocity, but I think it's because I'm used to the VX. It sucks having to change from one type of canopy to the other, I feel I don't really learn as much going back and forth about either canopy, and they both fly rather differently.