lister55

Crossfire 2 VS Stilletto

Xfire2 openings...

Awesome...

Flight characteristics for the Xfire2...

Incredible as well...

If you purchase one you will not be disapointed...

G

"The edge ... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are those that have gone over"

Alright, finally a question I can actually answer and be helpful with.B|

I've got about 400 jumps on a Heatwave (stiletto knockoff) and somewhere around 100 jumps on a Stiletto. I also have about 80 jumps on a Crossfire2 (XF2).

The openings on a XF2 are a hell of a lot better, MUCH better. If you're used to taking your stiletto down to 2k, I wouldn't really recommend that with a XF2, though, since they do like to snivel.

XF2 isn't as twitchy, it has a stronger flare and the recovery arc is much longer. Never mind that it just flies faster then a Stiletto of the same size. I would say it has to do with the formed nose design, but that's probably wrong, someone with more knowledge then me can tackle that one.

The short answer is I have better openings, more fun flying and better swoops under my XF2 then I ever did under my Heatwave or Stiletto.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

How many jumps on your line set? When I re-lined my Stiletto, it was back to the snivelly openings of yester-year. I can pull in a track, once in a while get a snappy opening, but the great majority are quick and pretty soft. I have know other people that got a lot of hard openings on Stilettos, though. You might also give PD a call and see whether they have any suggestions for you, such as a slightly different size of slider, etc.

How many jumps on your line set? When I re-lined my Stiletto, it was back to the snivelly openings of yester-year. I can pull in a track, once in a while get a snappy opening, but the great majority are quick and pretty soft. I have know other people that got a lot of hard openings on Stilettos, though. You might also give PD a call and see whether they have any suggestions for you, such as a slightly different size of slider, etc.

The line set has around 200 jumps on it and I have already sent it to PD. They claimed it opened great. Out of 10 jumps this weekend I had two that were instant. That is a low figure for me. It can be as much as 50%. And as I am a videographer who can not always pick and choose my packer I am through with the stilletto. I am in the market for another canopy that will give me around the same characteristics of a stilletto but with better and more consistent openings.

Ah.... I have a 97 I would consider selling

No thanks, Im not interested in killing myself yet. I am looking for 150 or 170. Also, I am not completely decided on a crossfire. I am considering other canopies as well. Just doing some homework before I go and purchase something.

The line set has around 200 jumps on it and I have already sent it to PD. They claimed it opened great. Out of 10 jumps this weekend I had two that were instant. That is a low figure for me. It can be as much as 50%. And as I am a videographer who can not always pick and choose my packer I am through with the stilletto. I am in the market for another canopy that will give me around the same characteristics of a stilletto but with better and more consistent openings.

Hi Mark,

This past weekend out at Thomaston I modified the brake lines on my canopy to make it open faster... I was tired of the constantly seeking. What I did was move the brake toggle stow points 4" up the lower brake lines. My goal was opposite of what you're looking for, but I think we could try moving the brake toggle stow point down a bit on your Stiletto to see how that affects your openings. If you're interested let me know. I like messing with stuff... hehehe =]

Chris

Im willing to try. Although last time we talked I was saying that my stall point with the breaks is already pretty deep into the brakes. Im afraid if we lengthen too much it will take away from my effective flare and put the stall point out of my reach. Any thoughts on this?

Im willing to try. Although last time we talked I was saying that my stall point with the breaks is already pretty deep into the brakes. Im afraid if we lengthen too much it will take away from my effective flare and put the stall point out of my reach. Any thoughts on this?

This is different adjustment. The overall length of lower brake line to toggles will not be changed... we will take the slot in your brake line where you stick the nose of your toggle and move that spot down or up the brake line & see what works best. I'll test jump it if you'd like.... it could make for some unstable openings until we get it dialed in, and I think it's about a 50/50 chance that it will succeed in the end... Do you have another canopy you can jump this Saturday?

Chris

Im afraid if we lengthen too much it will take away from my effective flare and put the stall point out of my reach.

From what I remember the stall point on Stiletto's (like most PD canopies) were at mid shoulder (about where the deltoild muscle and tricept join).
The stall point for a Xfire is below the elbow down by the hips.
Giving a few more inches to the Stiletto brake lines will not put your stall point out of reach. But in full flight you may see your control lines bowed out a little more than you may want.

G

"The edge ... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are those that have gone over"