jeremyneas

Whys the limit on the 360?

I get JUST as much speed if not more speed from a 180 hook than anything more.. Plus I can control my lane, plus I only use a small lane of airspace, plus I fly down a runway ALWAYS knowing my out, plus I have complete control of my altitude loss and my plane out, plus I can enter between 700 feet and 450 feet and let off the front risers whenever I want..

I appreciate the lane control of the 180.. My swoop mentor did it.. His reasons were very sound in my opinion and I would be safe saying I will always prefer the 180 hook..

Rhino

Yeah, there's not a lot coming out of more than 270. I throw 360s, but mainly because of the orientation of th epond to the DZ. I'm more comfy with right hand turns, but right 270s are tough for me to set up without crossing the runway at 600 feet or so, which is frowned upon. So, 360s I do. I feel that I get more speed out of them, but get a good fifteen feet more out of a 270.

For either turn, I do more of a long, carving 180, followed by a brisker 90 or 180. The bigger the turn in that "brisker" part generally produces a lot of speed that expires quickly.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

Those were toggle hooks, too, no?. They looked more like barrel rolls that finished with a nice plane-out. I agree, the most amazing thing I've ever seen, my stomach would clench watching him do those.

-Rory

Roger Nelson used to pull off 1080s with his Velo84 - I think he even came close to a full 4 - 4 1/2 rotations.

The swoops were not very long at all when he did those.

By far - the most amazing thing I have seen on landing.

You be the king and I'll overthrow your government. --KRS-ONE

Yea, they were toggle hooks - but he had them so dialed in you never saw him digging out of the corner.

Not sure if you would call them a barrell roll - however the canopy would be lower than him on the rotations.