mischo

VX 109

If they could make it snivel for 1000' and have it be predictable with on heading openings, then sure.

Otherwise, I'm sticking to the Sigma canopies. Those things kick serious ASS! Honestly, I like them a LOT more then the current Icarus Tandem canopy.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Canopy Size Pk Vol MSW Weight

EXTreme-VX 69 221 166 3
EXTreme-VX 74 237 178 3
EXTreme-VX 79 253 190 4
EXTreme-VX 84 269 202 4
EXTreme-VX 89 285 214 4
EXTreme-VX 94 301 226 4
EXTreme-VX 99 317 238 4
EXTreme-VX 104 333 250 5
EXTreme-VX 109 349 262 5
EXTreme-VX 114 365 274 5
EXTreme-VX 119 381 286 5

Pack volume in sq ft

(cough,... bullshit....Cough)

Thought that too Chris,
My Xaos 27-79 weighs 6 pounds! Packs up way bigger than my old Crossfire 99:|

My 98vx packs up just a hair bigger than a stilletto 135. I'm cramming it into a JAV NJ (made for a 126R and a 120 main), and some times I get a slight pilot chute in tow when I throw out, but it clears when I give a vigorous "Check Thousand, Panick Thousand" on my opening count. We have been able to duplicate it on the ground, and it comes from everything being so tight, and when I put the pin in where it goes straight up and down and curves to the right (sounds like a bad male medical problem doesn't it?). I have actually picked the container up off the ground in that configuration, but when the container shifts slightly to one side or another it clears. No I have not yet lenghthend my closing loop, but I will do it this week, and see if that fix's the problem. That's all I have to say about that.

This is from our own Chris Martin from Precision aka groundzero with permission:
Hi Conway,

I saw your response on the dz.com thread...

We have been measuring the canopies (gz canopies) since they were released... We've charted volumes and see that they can vary by as much as 50 cubic inches based on material, color, humidity, etc... That equates to a 135 actually having greater volume than a 150 of the same make. If we publish the low number, we'll have container manufacturers screaming, if we publish the high number, we'll lose sales to someone that wants the xyz canopy for smaller volume per size... we lose either way. I do intend to publish volumes, but want to list a range for each size or come up with a very average volume for the canopy. Until I have much more data, the range is large... In the mean time, I like to work personally with customers and container manufacturers to help determine correct fit. Every day I'll talk to one or two container people asking what size... The problem goes both ways... many container manufacturers measure their volume differently.

If you ever need help with a new purchase, feel free to contact me directly.

Feel free to post this response, perhaps it will help others understand the volume/container sizing problems we all face in this sport.

Chris

I have the measured sizes, I can give you the range for your canopies, better yet, I can look up your serial number and give you the actual measured volume, for the temp and humidity and pressure that day.

----- Original Message -----
To: Chris Martin
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 3:51 PM

Hi Chris,
Any reason there aren't any pack volumes listed anywhere on the Xaos's?
Blues,
Conway