prost

Competition canopies

Does anyone know if the canopies that are being used by the sponsored pro swoopers are in any way different from any other off the shelf canopy of the same model? I am just wondering if they are tweeked to get some extra performance out of them or maybe manufactured with closer tolerances.

All canopies built are built to the tightest tolerances possible... period. We want everyone to fly the best canopy available. I've seen everyone's manufacturing and everyone tries to build the best, for team or customers. (cough cough, we build the best quality and design, cough).

Our team guys do drive different iterations of our production canopies sometimes, these guys are the hottest pilots and we use our guys as proving grounds for new ideas... In fact, many times these ideas come from our team pilots. They know the stuff better than we do... shit, I only make 300-400 jumps per year...these guys often make more than 1000 jumps per year.

So yes, our team guys jump different canopies for research, but our guys also compete with the production canopies... exactly like the one you're getting ready to order.

One thing everyone should note... the logos on the canopies touting our name brand... these sewn-on logos produce huge drag, i.e. your production canopies with clean surfaces should easily out-fly them.... jump into competitions, you probably have an advantage....

Chris