mischo

Slider secrets

I have no idea if and where and who and whatsoever, but I've heard about an accident where somebody had his slider under his chin/in his mouth and it came off and up right on final. I think the idea is pretty scary and I wouldn't put it there.
Obi

"I have been stowing my slider under my chin for a while now"

Bad,Bad idea, you never know when that airbagin front of your face is going to pop open and........ Ouchhhhh!

Lazyfrog mentioned the bungee with a ball. Well ive been using that for more than five years and let me tell you, I think is the best and cheapest.

You can go to your nearest packing tent or any of those tarps arround your Dz if any, and steel one of those black bungees cords they use to tie them, ball is included. Get one in good conditions, please!

When you get it the thing should bee a loop with the ball at the end. You will carefully open your reserve flap, pass the bungee loop through, close the reserve flap. Thats all.

Now.... There are two ways of attaching your slider to the ball.

(1) You eather sew a little piece of pullup cord or binding tape to your slider. Can be the center front or the center back, (I dont even know where is mine) Loop a large rubberband tho the pice you just sew (Its exactly how you put the rubberbands on you
D-bag)

When you open and bring down the slider, roll it, roll it, roll it but remember to expose the rubberband and lock the Rband to your black ball. "Black Ball sounds nasty! but thats what it is!"
You got it!

(2) forget about putting the RBand to your slider and attach one RBand to anothe then to your B-B.
When you bring down the slider roll it, roll it, roll it and pass the RBand arround and lock it to the BB

Guys there are a lot of ways on stowing your slider, like I said Ive been using it for a long time and almost everyone at my DZ does, never had a problem, just make shure when you put the bungee to your reserve flap not to live it to tight that your flap will bend or too loose.

Check out few pics on how it ends up, with or with out the RBand, and how to loop the two rBands together.
Cant show you the slider cause Im packed.
It doesnt work on all containers!

WARNING- this is a home made product not ment for skydiving, use it at your own risk.

Once you try this there wont be anymore hellicopters following you, JeJe!

Safe swoops.
YM4
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight,
It's the size of the fight in the dog!"