sneaky

Crossfire 2

ahem....;) I gues mine is at 1.83, but the bottom end flare is jsut as good on the 2 as the one which is very powerful... also anything else good said about it I would probably believe as I love mine....

-yoshi

my openings are awesome.. smooth and slow...about 700-800 feet consistantly. usually on heading (with a few off heading as on most canopies). harness input is very sensitive (even in brakes after opeing which is nice while you are stowing the slider/ loosening chest strap you can sit in brakes and still move out of the way of other canopies and set up for your landing pattern without touching a thing)
toggle turns a fairly quick. shorter toggle stroke than that of the cf1 but not as fast as turns as a stilleto. risers are soft and dont build up as much pressure as many other canopies in its class.. (I can 360 right 360 left without too much streign . the riser turns are almost as fast as the toggle turns and it dives awesome. at 1.83 wingload I usually set up for a smooth 180 carve at aroung 700 feet or so. very responsive to harness input in the dive as well as front and rear riser adjustments within the dive are easy. my 111 cf2 at 1.83 performs nicely in turbulance. as last weekend it was a bit breezy and I still had no problems with bucking or the canopy "breathing" while on final. (still using a 180 snap and carve on approach)
in my personal opinion it is the best high performance non crossed braced canopy on the market (as I have said many times before). the openings are smooth and consistant. the dive is long and adjustable. the turns are fast but unless you really try it wont spin the canopy up on you, the riser pressure is soft and easy to maintain, the harnes input is sensitive. the bottom end flare is amazing (even after swooping about 30-45 feet you can pop up a good 10 feet before coming back down for a soft landing.).... the only thing that could make this canopy better is if I were sponsored by icarus and it was free...

feel free to ask me any other questions specifically about it...
-yoshi

Mainly openings and consistency

openings have been great. I have yet to get even close to spanked. I opened in partial line twists once and it flew out by itself. That was due to a sloppy packjob.

If you do get one I would recommend a long chest strap. Loosening it up makes a very noticeable difference in flight through turbulance and higher winds.

Rhino

ohh and jsut to add... after an uneventful but really fun birdman dive this weekend.. I am open and everything stowed at 3500ft. since I had alti to play with I thought I would have some fun with spirals... (btw the opening on my 111 at 1.83 was really nice and calm even with a birdman suite) so I grabed my toggles and completely burried the right one..... I can attest now as I have not done this before, but I spun myself into 2 line twists by cranking a hard turn. it dove a little as I kicked out but wasnt radical... just thought I would share my experience and I thought this would be a good place to do itB|

laters
-yoshi