crapflinger2000

Props to Hookit

Yo, the front riser dive turn dive thingy works really well, kick ass long fast swoopses with just 180s, 270s ought to be killer...

little slider hold down tab kicks butt too....

rear risers are the schizz-nit....

thanks dude

I got some good adhoc canopy instruction this weekend as well and I feel I'm a better canopy pilot this morning than I was on Friday (I did do 22 jumps this weekend). I've been doing front riser carving turns for a while now, but the dude who spoke to me told me that I'd have more success with my swoops (as well as being safer) if I was more subtle with my approaches and he was right. I still haven't quite dialed in my starting altitudes yet as I tend to error on the high side (obviously it's much better to come out of the dive high as opposed to too low), but with the more subtle carve, it's easier to make adjustments and I can carry my speed into final and still maintain decent front riser pressure (my current canopy recovers faster than I wished it did). Another thing that I was instructed on doing this weekend was on how to shift my weight in my harness in order to add a harness turn to the carving turn and I noticed great improvements to my approaches using this technique.

I still have a long way to go, but it was awesome to hear people who were on the ground watching saying things like "nice carve", "that was awesome to watch" and "hey I got a good picture of you". B|

I look forward to more input from Jason (the individual who gave me this instruction). But I'm not ready for rear riser flares yet. :)

Now if only my freeflying skills were progressing the same way my canopy skills were progressing. Of course I need something to humble me so that I'm always reminded that I'm nowhere near skygod status. :P

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I think he was referring to me. Sorry, I was making a playful tease at the somewhat frivilous nature of the post and forgot the topical nature of this forum. It won't happen again, I'm here to gain information not be an ass. :S

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...