garyharbird

End cell closure

I have 2 new Velocity 84s loaded at 2.2 and on one of my canopies I have been getting end cell closure on opening, but not on the other canopy.
Packing I just flake the canopy, quarter the slider and fold 3 cell on each side inwards but not in to the center cell and the openings have been fine.
I jumped an fx before the velocity and never had end cell closure and other velocities I have jumped also don't have this problem.
Just wanting to know if anyone else is experiencing
this?

I have no idea what my wingloading is. I'm 58kg, out the door I'm about 70kg and I jump a ZP EXE 170.

I only flake the cells, quater the slider, never roll the nose (she doesn't like it:DB|) and always end up with end cells closed. I was told that I'm underload my canopy.

Now on openings I just pull on the backrisers and voila, open end cells.

Not much help, just thought I would add my 0.02c worth.

Gene Police: "YOU!! Out of the pool, NOW!!!"

Well,
"Thermal" being caused by the jumper at opening could have an effect different than other people. Fact is you are much "hotter" than most jumpers, "Storm";).

I have no idea what my wingloading is. I'm 58kg, out the door I'm about 70kg and I jump a ZP EXE 170.

I only flake the cells, quater the slider, never roll the nose (she doesn't like it:DB|) and always end up with end cells closed. I was told that I'm underload my canopy.

Now on openings I just pull on the backrisers and voila, open end cells.

Not much help, just thought I would add my 0.02c worth.